So who is up for a hunt this weekend WA....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was a searcher, I'd be hoping it was space junk that can be resold, rather than a meteorite that becomes the property of the WA government. Unfortunately, there's an awful lot of 'area' around York for it to have landed in!

Funny thing is that a day previous to the WA meteorite I witnessed a large fireball down here in the SE of Oz in the wee hours of the morning. Had a orange tail on it and the main part was burning a bright green colour. It was spectacular enough to be beyond the norm for a regular meteorite (see them all the time when out night detecting).

spoon said:
grubstake said:
a meteorite that becomes the property of the WA government.

from my dead cold hands :argh:

Around 10 years back i was a member of a US meteorite forum , there was talk about the guys who meteorite hunt on the Nullarbor Plain .
So many stones are then rebirthed as found in the good old USA & marketed to collectors for big bucks $$$ .

The present laws in WA regarding ownership when finding a meteorite are just ridiculous , they are stuffing up the science of where the original fall happened .
It's farcical to imagine someone reporting finding a valuable meteorite in WA these days :(

Now Imagine the same laws applying to each state about Gold Nuggets except NSW .
Well that is what applies now with finding meteorites !

Absurd :N:

Latest posts