Small, portable rock crusher for sampling

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, just a couple questions here. Wanting to know where I can purchase a rock crusher here in oz. wanting the type that attaches to an angle grinder for small sampling. Also wanting to know if anyone has had much luck in crushing Quartz samples taken from the river bed. Any help is appreciated thanks

Having no luck contacting Ryan. Sent a pm last week and haven't heard anything. Does anyone know of anybody making these sort of rock grinders

After some current user feedback on the following types of small, portable sample rock crushers.
http://cobracrusher.net (can't find an Aussie manufacturer but there was one on eBay made in Victoria only a couple of days ago).
These type of compact crushers have been around for awhile now & both the above + locally made units discussed before. Was wondering how users have found them longer term now with wear & tear, issues with the units &/or the grinder used etc.

Being offgrid I'm leaning more towards the crazy crusher but haven't heard much about it apart from Goldrat's website. Looks a good little unit to finish off the dolly pot gravels or smaller samples to powder pretty easily without a need for a power source. Just wanting to know if anyone's using one & how they have found it.
https://highbanker.com.au/collectio...t/products/jaw-crusher-off-grid-crazy-crusher

Ultimately would love to get the Armstrong GRB777 mini but at $1600 + transport from WA to NSW it isn't really an option in the shorter term.

hey mate at risk of being bias when i released the crazy crusher last we got hammered and the feedback was awesome, production wise a bit clunky to produce and at the volumes people were asking i had to pull production. weve had geolobs, potters, glass tinkerers all loving the off grid crusher and ive just assembled the first final new off grid crusher today. they will be rereleased in the new year once laser and cnc come back online after a break.

new model ships cheaper is lighter, has options for tow hitch mount and can be fully dismantled by user for ease of packing.

i too have run the 777 for a few years its a great option, supply has been unreliable all year and im afriad its no longer made in australia so its off the list for us.

i want to make a very clear distinction between the three options you're looking at, one the cobracrusher is for fast one rock samples, i modified mine a few times to put more through but with the small barrel and chain its best left the way it was and enjoyed as quick sampler.

the crazy crusher also for small sample runs i wouldn;t want to run more than half a bucket in a session.

the 777 is really a small production unit and wins hands down if you wnat to run a 20kg bucket every day of the week.

Yeah the crazy crusher looks to be what I'm after. Small sampling runs or to finish off small amounts from the dolly pot. 1/2 bucket would be about it at the moment.
The dolly pot will crush it down pretty fine but it can get a bit tedious once you have broken it down into the smaller stuff.
Definitely wouldn't be running a 20kg bucket every day.

Do you have a timeframe for the re-release in the New Year?

I have a mini 777 and its payed for its self 100 times over. Shame they arent Australian made anymore.

mbasko said:
Yeah the crazy crusher looks to be what I'm after. Small sampling runs or to finish off small amounts from the dolly pot. 1/2 bucket would be about it at the moment.
The dolly pot will crush it down pretty fine but it can get a bit tedious once you have broken it down into the smaller stuff.
Definitely wouldn't be running a 20kg bucket every day.

Do you have a timeframe for the re-release in the New Year?

will be january mate, laser cut me off last week too much backlog for existing jobs and CNC can take 2 to 3 weeks, i'm putting an order in today wont expect spindles till after the 10th at the earliest.

Hi mbasko, got a crazy crusher from justin in july,put about 150 to 200 kg through it by now, if you want to know the goods on it i sent you a pm with contact details

Hi justin,the crazy crusher is going good would have put a lot more through it by now, but the health has been a bit up and down,it keeps a lot more in it know with the lid on it :eek: :lol: bloody good service though ,lid was in the mailbox the next day,i had no hassle putting it on justin ,how is the powered model going still on the drawing board mate or put in the to busy file :Y:

I've been working on a small field-servicable, no welds, wheel-barrow mounted jaw crusher
that and runs off 12v for a while now.

As I'm not an engineer, I've been using the Thomas Edison approach,
ie: I've stolen, copied, and found many ways to NOT make one that works,
and where I'm at so far means It isn't perfect by any means,
and I've yet to give it a test run with actual materials,

but it's getting there....

The original plan involved using Triangular Bastard files as crushing teeth, but that proved a lot harder than I thought, so I've substituted High tensile bolts for the mo while I get the bugger working

I tried to post a quick vid of some test runs, but the vids still end up too big to post,

So you'll just have to wait till I post a vid on youtube of the first succesfull test run

You can call me a crush-teaser if you like ;-)

Hey, I don't know the name of this crusher, bit I think it would serve the purpose. It's run by a 5" grinder. Available from top end prospecting. Sorry can't post pic atm, will do when I get home.