Skidplate and coil tape - information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The high temperatures seem to destroy every tape I've tried. I have some blue rubberised paint (RTT Sealant, pond paint) that I carry in a tomato sauce bottle. It sets like rubber overnight and although it adheres quite well to most surfaces it can be be easily removed from hard surfaces without too much trouble. I've started using it to put a small bead around the top of the skid plate. It's not affected by the extreme temperatures and handles the scuffing quite well. I'll use it again this trip and prove its value one way or the other.

It will be good to hear your findings Phil, I've tried several and Nito seems to be the best of those, although not perfect.Dave

I just use the grey cloth tape from bunnings, been using it for for years will from now on too. Wrap around at least 2 times for a bit of cushioning from rocks.
When replacing clean any glue residue with wd40 (almost wipes off)
The tape is twice as wide as you need so cut it deep with a box cutter whilst on roll.

Nitto is they way to go as it has a slight stretch about it so will take the form a little easier. Cheap electrical tape is stiff and difficult to use and seems to go hard with age, thats my 2 cents worth.

if u got time can u take a picture of the stuff money box ,no rush just curious i use liquid steel ( pertex brand spelling bit sus)but the one with no metal shavings in it ,but they change the packaging of it and i use it on the bottom pads and knuckle 2300

Latest posts