Six hours at the local hall

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not much work this week so I thought I'd spend the day at the hall and finish up the area between the cricket pitch and the hall.
The old bloke who tried to chase me and my mate "Pat" off months ago came over and had a chat. He was totally the opposite this time, no yelling and swearing but he did bring backup, some poor pimply faced kid about 18yo who was more overweight than me! Asked me If I could stay five metres away from the hall "No worries".

Found the best condition florin I've seen, It's my favorite coin yet, even though it's not worth much it just looks so new.
Also found a cuff link made in Birmingham in 1893. Here's the pics.

1502273166_total-optimized.jpg

This is the florin
1502273231_best-optimized.jpg
1502273261_best2-optimized.jpg

I didn't clean this shilling as it's a rare date and I'm not sure what grade it would be.
1502273408_shill-optimized.jpg
1502273432_shill2-optimized.jpg

Don't clean the 33 shilling Daggy, a poor condition 33 is worth a $100.
And a closeup of your 22 thrippy would be nice :D
Well found mate !
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Thanks Silver

I just give them a rinse with a bit of detergent at first so I can check dates and condition. If they aren't worth much they get the lemon and bicarb treatment.
Do you think the 22 threepence might be worth something?

silver said:
Daggy said:
Thanks Silver

I just give them a rinse with a bit of detergent at first so I can check dates and condition. If they aren't worth much they get the lemon and bicarb treatment.
Do you think the 22 threepence might be worth something?
Only if it looks like this one :D
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1953/1502275217_3d221overdaterev.jpg
shortcut to thread
https://www.sterlingcurrency.com.au...ce-australias-rarest-silver-commonwealth-coin

Haha don't worry I've checked!

You scored some very nice coins from that site, I reckon even better are the cufflinks - quite an ornate pattern on them and in great condition too. :Y:

Goldpick said:
You scored some very nice coins from that site, I reckon even better are the cufflinks - quite an ornate pattern on them and in great condition too. :Y:
Thanks Goldpick

I love the fact that I could trace the age and place of manufacture from the hall marks.

caparobertsan said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Amazing looking silvers! Congrat. :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

Thanks Capa
The ground is usually quite dry and hard to dig, I think that's why they aren't as corroded as coins from other spots.

Latest posts