Sieve ,PVC trial .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have tried making a simple small sieve out of leftovers in the shed .
Only had metal fly screen mesh to play with and the concept of construction seems to work .
Now to find brass or stainless mesh to try .
Has anyone tried this ?

Attachments

• 20230325_161850.jpg
    20230325_161850.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230325_161900.jpg
    20230325_161900.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 1
There are very good instructions on here somewhere on how to make a quick and easy sieve from a 20L bucket. I followed it and made a couple years ago but the mesh eventually wore out and now the plastic has gone brittle so they need to be retired.

You might find that the plastic mesh holds better than solid wire using your bonding method. The mesh cops a hard time when you're jiggling it to get the fines to pass through.

Have tried making a simple small sieve out of leftovers in the shed .
Only had metal fly screen mesh to play with and the concept of construction seems to work .
Now to find brass or stainless mesh to try .
Has anyone tried this ?
You can buy stainless steel mesh on E-bay . Not expensive . Using a soldering iron , you can melt the plastic and press the mesh in . Put the mesh on top of the plastic first . Then use the iron to heat up the mesh and melt the plastic .

I have a heap of sieves I got from Bunnings, forget what I paid for them but I remember they were cheap.
PVC and stainless mesh made to go over down pipes and water tank openings to stop leaves and debris.

Latest posts