Shortest pack down detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for a detector that can pack down to approx 50cm. Had a bounty hunter before but it's kaput.Iknow it's a bit of an ask but if i could get something that i can carry on the plane like my old detector 'with' metal discrimination capability that'd be ideal. (I travel overseas detecting and only do carry on luggage)

Advice most welcome

Hi Vina, this is my new Nokta Makro Legend. It is the latest simultaneous multi frequency detector to hit the market. It is very lightweight and packs down to 60 cm.
Their cheaper, but very capable Simplex model, which I also own, also packs down identically.
PhaseTech, a site sponsor here is a Nokta dealer and could help with info and/or purchase.
Cheers.
http://phasetechnical.com.au/F5AC40C9-CC64-4D37-8EAC-686CB71579A0.jpeg8A54DD0C-3DF5-4AE3-A52D-4C4011CD3475.jpeg

Thx Oz... It looks great. Just did some reviewing it fits the bill. All bar fitting into carry on luggage (max 53cm)...so close.Màe i should try sneak thru a slightly bigger bag as I'm running out of options otherwise
Time to get it Dirty Oz ;)

Hi I'm looking for a detector that can pack down to approx 50cm. Had a bounty hunter before but it's kaput.Iknow it's a bit of an ask but if i could get something that i can carry on the plane like my old detector 'with' metal discrimination capability that'd be ideal. (I travel overseas detecting and only do carry on luggage)

Advice most welcome
Welcome Vina. My SDC2300 folds down to package that fits in my bacpack (41 x 23 x 9cm).

Attachments

• 20220423_191946.jpg
    20220423_191946.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Looks perfect. Except I'm seeing ads for like $4000+ is that right?
Yeh, but you can pick them up for a bit less 2nd hand (see link further below). Some members on here also put them up for sale for a lot oess than $4k.

A cheaper option; my Gold Monster 1000 also unscrews into three pieces of something like 47cms each. If you really had to pack light to travel say domestically, you could take the control box, coil and wire and leave the actual stick at home, as it comes with an attachment to actually use a cheap broom stick instead. These machines are on sale for below $1000 regularly at Anaconda.

https://www.minersden.com.au/minela...pUWckJw3xKjkK-0AxmhJZGqLQL5Z3S8hoC1MAQAvD_BwE

Thx Oz... It looks great. Just did some reviewing it fits the bill. All bar fitting into carry on luggage (max 53cm)...so close.Màe i should try sneak thru a slightly bigger bag as I'm running out of options otherwise
If you were to separate the shafts and remove the coil it would fit easily.

You didn't mention what you look for this will fit the bill size and cost wise
Minelab Go Find 66
Length collapsed 555mm
Extended 1305mm
Weight 1.06kg

It's essentially going to be used to confirm research as to the location of former military bases, pow camps, downed aircraft and battlefields.I've been doing this for years with a guy who has a professional detector abd I've just been assisting with a bounty hunter on the side. Problem there is 99% of the material we discard is iron shrapnel. So i simply need to be able to pick up all metals but exclude iron.

Detecting Innovations Telescopic Black Carbon Shaft for Minelab Equinox Detector​

The Tele-Knox Telescopic Equinox aftermarket stems have been designed by long time friend and Minelab owner Scott Ellis. He has put a lot of thought and experience into the design.

The stems are 3 piece, will telescope in to 21" (53cm and have an extended out length of 52" (132cm) and available in two colours. With Equinox 600 (or 800) likely do everything you need.

Advice most welcome
Hi Vina

I have 2 Garrett ATX I’m selling. If you take it out of the hard case it is 49cm. In the case it’s 60cm. I’m asking 3k each

Attachments

• A877C0AA-A215-4955-9569-C5DE9CC8ADB8.jpeg
    A877C0AA-A215-4955-9569-C5DE9CC8ADB8.jpeg
    12.6 MB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts