Sell in May and go Away

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK

So is someone going to discuss how to get into the "share market" ?

OR has that been discussed elsewhere ?

I'm a complete 'virgin' with "Shares", as many are, so I need a crash course in direction please.

;)

Every time you buy shares you have to pay a fee , you need to take this into account . Fees are small if you trade cypto .

I have lost plenty on the share market , you need to check every day . Not like me , leaving it 6 months......

Greenhornet_au said:
OK

So is someone going to discuss how to get into the "share market" ?

OR has that been discussed elsewhere ?

I'm a complete 'virgin' with "Shares", as many are, so I need a crash course in direction please.

;)

And another one to give you an idea. https://www.ig.com/uk/learn-to-trade/ig-academy

Trading is easy, register, transfer cash, IG (commsec - link bank account), choose your poison, buy, sell, sing and dance. Or 8.(

IG is cheap ($7 comes to mind 0n $10K) to trade but I don't think you technically own the shares. So if IG goes bust, you lose.

Commsec, you actually own the shares, costs more to trade but if it goes bust, no loss.

Trading and investing are different ball games - do your home work.

Then you have to decide what you invest in. Safe 'blue chips' that pay dividends like the banks. Or penny stocks which are very high risk but can have a very high reward factor to them. I have had rewards of 700% in six months (if I had waited four more weeks I would of made 4600% - VUL). Losses to (QHL, down around 50% - I believe is down to crappy communication, fundamentals look good). Those (penny stocks) you really have to watch.
Be aware of CGT (Capital Gains Tax) if you hold for more than 12 months it is considered an investment so the rate is reduced by 50%.

It's not hard to do but most importantly do your own research. https://www.nextinvestors.com/latest-articles/ (for example but I also check the company website, ASX announcements and 'Hotcopper'- https://hotcopper.com.au/ . Hotcopper is good for gossip and crap - I can see how much PLS (Pilbera Minerals) are shipping, weather trucks are leaving VMS Riley IO mine etc. etc.)

This is not financial advice, and I have also paid for being on the wrong side of the tax office :awful:

On May 1st 2021 the BTC price was AUD $75.5k

On May 31st 2021 the BTC price was AUD $46.6k

That's nearly a 40% drop in Mayv alone!

Its dropped few % more since.

diggit said:
Keitzy said:
What price do you think will be true bottom diggit.?

I wouldn't be qualified to say. Anywhere from $0 up :p

Lol was just asking your opinion, not financial advice or to jump down your throat.
How do you see the market right now, and where its headed, mid termish.

Solid Luck said:
diggit said:
On May 1st 2021 the BTC price was AUD $75.5k

On May 31st 2021 the BTC price was AUD $46.6k

That's nearly a 40% drop in Mayv alone!

Its dropped few % more since.

Time to buy. ;)

I just DCA each week. I buy every week nearly

BTC I bought at the very recent bottom, not a lot but have some now.

The share market is so that I can diversify what I am doing...

Does any one know who or where you can purchase 'fraction shares' ?

Kids going back to school so I will be ramping up my studies and knowledge in this arena now.

BIG THANK YOU to those who have provided me some direction - :trophy:

As I learn I pass it onto my kids, you may be surprised at what they know. :Y:

Hahaha well I got back after 2 weeks of no internet and my crypto investments weren't looking too flash, I made a tidy few hundred % profit on shiba late last year.. I'll hold and wait..

I dived into FMG last time they crashed, doing me quite well so far.

Hi green hornet
If you are a newbie , I suggest you wait ! The market and crypto have gone down the drain , it is an opportunity to buy shares most US stocks have lost up to 50% and some have the benefit of paying dividens ..note they are not cheap ! do not expect to see a dramatic increase this will only come in time.
I use Comsec and have done for 15 years. Also use IBKR Interactive Brokers which allows me to access wider Markets .
Comsec .... $19.95 ten 10 trades /month $10.00 / trade.
Sit down and work out what sort of budget you can afford or loose ! as the share market is volitile !
Maybe sit down with your kids and discuss the process have them be active as Computers are easy for the younger generation.
When selecting what you want to invest in always diversify ,do not put all your eggs in the one basket
if you can wait untill the Ukraine war is over , all interest rates a factored in how long ?
This will ive you plenty of time towork our your action plan
Hope this helps in some way
Regards
hugo

I think there will be a dead cat bounce in the general sharemarket to suck everyone in over the next few weeks and then we will see the real correction. If you time it right it can work but if you have cash its probably better just to wait. Inflation is not going away anytime soon and they they wont stop raising rates until it settles down which has never been good for equities. Just my opinion. Take care.

This crypto crash is a clean out period, I don't think some of the more obscure coins will survive but the web 1, 2 & 3 coins with good usage profiles will come back stronger than ever.

The current Crash is in line with tech stock trends then aggravated by panic selling of new investors who haven't lived through previous crashes. We've been there before on several occasions and the coins have always come back stronger, just Hodl, buy the dip and you'll make a 'kings ransom' over the next few years.

This one is proving to be a rough ride and nowhere near over yet!

Latest posts