SA Prospecting/fossicking on state/Crown land in South Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mbasko said:
This form is intended for exploration and mining companies for access. Guaranteed the warden will not let you on any property to metal detect. Thats why there are no forms for fossickers as its a hobby. Anyone putting in one of these notices are not doing it as a hobby. Back in 2000 you could get away with it. Since mining act changed in early 2000s they got rid of the miners right too. This sec 21 is way harder these days you never had to tell them were you were prospecting. Now you do. This form only applies really to people making a living out of exploration or mining. :)

G'Day Shmiff

shmiff said:
Hello from the Adelaide Hills.

I'm in the BV, are you still interested in going out for a swing ?

shmiff said:
A group letter from a proper association (i.e. official metal detecting club) would be most effective method, especially immediately after the elections when the politicians are looking to make their mark and introduce popular reforms. I said that the letter might be signed by only 100 people but he thought that 100 people would be more than enough to get things happening.

Did you ever get this to happen ?

Latest posts