Rocker Box information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there be any benefit to using a Rocker Box over a High Banker or are they pretty much the same? I just saw one being used on Goldfathers..

Hi-bankers will always win more gold mainly due to the larger volume of material they can process. If you build your hi-banker with flexible legs....such as pvc pipe then each time you shovel into the hopper box it shakes from side to side and acts similar to the rocker box giving you the advantage of combining the two systems.....in saying that ...rocker boxes /cradles are handy when water is hard to come by....Cheers Wal. :)

Thanks Wal, do you know how long the Rocker Box has been around for? It looks like an old technique.. I just checked out your video on building a High Banker and its got me inspired to give it a go myself :D

Great idea. Nice slow motion for the old folks out there :)

Wonder if you could use two of those pumps so on each stroke it pushes water out? Get twice the water with same strokes...

That's awesome I love the rocker box as a concept but have yet to see one that sparked my imagination. Might try building something similar on a smaller scale that could be used as a recirc for sine of the dryer areas. Thanks balx

I want one.. Going to the man lab to create one of these bad boys!!

cheers Tone

Picking up a manual bilge pump otw home.. $29.
Will mod a sluice i made earlier and let you all know how it goes

It's a good looking machine , and I'm half way through my build the dearest part is the pump but it will be good for use up at places like nundle and a few little places I have that you can't use a motorised pump. If the wooden prototype works I will build one out of ally.
The other thing is if there is only a little water it can be used recirc as well. Just have to work out what mats to use.
Cheers
Skip

Considering the political climate, is this a great looking idea

Never seen this sucker before

Cheers

Rockers work sweet, can make em light as all hell and she's an easy carry to the creek.
There just not the fastest way to do things. Classifying dirt down and running it threw a recirc' at home worked faster for me in the end, hence mine found a retirement home in the garden shed.

Latest posts