QED vs SDC Comparison

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so just reading through what coil do people recommend to find the small bits of gold like the Sdc i cannot afford a X coil would it be

1. 8" Commander Mono

2 Nuggetfinder Sadie (6x8)

3 Coiltek Elite Mono 9"

or something i am missing beside xcoil? I have the Pl3 Update

stevenj48 said:
so just reading through what coil do people recommend to find the small bits of gold like the Sdc i cannot afford a X coil would it be

1. 8" Commander Mono

2 Nuggetfinder Sadie (6x8)

3 Coiltek Elite Mono 9"

or something i am missing beside xcoil? I have the Pl3 Update
Any of those would be ok. Probably get a bit more stability with the 8" Commander or Sadie?
Nugget Finder also have a 12" x 8" Evo coil that'd be worth considering too.
The Evo & Elite coils can be more sensitive but can also more difficult to use in very mineralised or wet ground.

stevenj48 said:
Ok how about commander vs sadie which ones wins?
Never ran a Sadie on the QED but have seen good reports. Hopefully someone whose run both can answer you.
The 8" Commander was good but I found that the 11" Detech Ultra mono (spiral like Evo's & Elites) was pretty close in sensitivity but better on depth so preferred to use it mostly as I was really after better depth vs small gold sensitivity. As said the 8" Commander ran well & was better around rocky/overgrown areas (the Sadie would be better again in that regard).

Latest posts