Projects that have never been completed.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 14190

Too old to care anyway.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some years ago I decided to make a model of the EMMYLOU paddle boat. I purchased the plans, but found that there were no measurements on the plans only a scale. Not being the best at maths it took a while to work out what I had to do, but eventually started using a home made CNC machine that I had completed a few years before.

DSCF0637.JPG

After a few weeks of redrawing the plans using CAD on the computer (never used anything like CAD before) I started to make progress and finally got enough bits finished to make the hull. Once that was finished I was able to design and cut the upper deck and remainder of the structure. I got it to a point where it needed painting and that is where it has remained since. It is fitted with an electric motor for each paddle to get the ability to turn, fully radio controlled, probably the radio controller has died now after all this time. There seems to be too much else to do.DSCF0711.JPG

DSCF0707.JPG
DSCF0710.JPG

DSCF0712.JPG

DSCF0713.JPG

The headlights were my first go at metal spinning, other lights were made up on lathe and shaped with milling machine. I hope one day to get around to finishing it. Hope that this is of interrest to someone.

I think you'll find most of us at PA would find your work interesting mate, we have our resident paddle steamer "Oscar W" here at Goolwa and we get regular visits from other paddle steamers. Keep us posted on your progress with it. Cheers from Dave 🍺

Recovered a scooter someone had discarded for verge pick up years back.
The idea was to build a wind generator.
Still gathering dust in the shed.

Wind Generator.jpgWind Generator2.jpgWind Generator3.jpgWind generator4.jpgWind Generator5.jpg

Picked up this on eBay to enable 360° rotation for wind changes. It fitted perfectly in stem of bike, can just see collar in 4th pic.

Wind generator6.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts