Portable Power Stations

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoky bandit said:
Duel battery charger Ac/Dc .$280
Duel battery.105 amh .$200
220w solar pannel. $200.
Maybe another $80 in Anderson plugs and wire .
Will run everything i need Fridge and Freezer ,Lights and phones and detectors for as long as I need.
Or as long as the car can be started and run or there's some sort of daylight every second day. :Y:

Slightly different specs but my unit first developed back in the SD-2100 era has evolved through the years with a few "addons".
Now charges via, alternator, fixed solar & portable via Anderson and genny if cloud cover persists.
Runs;
Two engels, 600W inverter.
Charges;
Radios, SDC, GPZ & accessories.
While at home it is set up in the shed so the batteries etc can be charged monthly. Small solar on shed roof trickle charges the unit.
Bolted to tray of ute and reconnected to onboard battery when we hook up to head bush.
This home built unit has never let us down and it cost a fraction of todays portables.
(Have a little Scottish blood in me. :playful: )

Diginit said:
Ridge Runner said:
I have at leased 4 of them, :Y:

I have to ask why four? :eek:

It's like RM and the Guys say, pretty much,

I wanted a 2nd battery system but because of light fingered people and the weather I could not leave it in the Vehicle, and I got to thinking when one of my batteries kept going flat, So I needed something that could fast charge and have a backup while it was charging, So back when these things first came out I bought 2 Dometic PLB40's @ 40Ah / 512Wh and it all worked fine Until I bought a Snomaster Fridge and it can Eat almost any battery depending on the setting, and on AC it eats power like nothing on earth so it's useless for off grid use.

But I needed more storage power to last between charges So I bought this huge PowerOak/Bluetti on the 31/12/2021 two weeks ago and my brother fell in love with the thing So I bought him one the next day to go with the Fridge and Solar panels i bought him a year or so back and then he gave me his much smaller PowerOak AC50s = 500wh so thats how I ended up with 4,

All the other gear I bought was to find out which is the best due to mixed reviews, reviews can only tell you so much and hopefully it stops people from making big mistakes , ;) :Y:

J.

Ridge Runner said:
Diginit said:
Ridge Runner said:
I have at leased 4 of them, :Y:

I have to ask why four? :eek:

It's like RM and the Guys say, pretty much,

I wanted a 2nd battery system but because of light fingered people and the weather I could not leave it in the Vehicle, and I got to thinking when one of my batteries kept going flat, So I needed something that could fast charge and have a backup while it was charging, So back when these things first came out I bought 2 Dometic PLB40's @ 40Ah / 512Wh and it all worked fine Until I bought a Snomaster Fridge and it can Eat almost any battery depending on the setting, and on AC it eats power like nothing on earth so it's useless for off grid use.

But I needed more storage power to last between charges So I bought this huge PowerOak/Bluetti on the 31/12/2021 two weeks ago and my brother fell in love with the thing So I bought him one the next day to go with the Fridge and Solar panels i bought him a year or so back and then he gave me his much smaller PowerOak AC50s = 500wh so thats how I ended up with 4,

All the other gear I bought was to find out which is the best due to mixed reviews, reviews can only tell you so much and hopefully it stops people from making big mistakes , ;) :Y:

J.

Legend :) thanks for the reviews mate :clap: you're on my Christmas list :Y: :beer:

Latest posts