Polaris HO 400 quad bike

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia averages 13 quad bike deaths per year (cf 1200 road deaths) - so more than 1%, and my daughter lost a friend that way at High School. They are often used by kids on private land (one in six fatalities), and the "questionable" places tend to be slopes that kids misjudge on the family farm. It does not seem a major inconvenience if it is standard.

“Quad bikes are the leading cause of fatalities in Australia of all consumer products that aren’t regulated,” the assistant treasurer says.
" Across Victoria, a child goes to hospital every five days because of quad-bike trauma, he says. ....60 per cent of quad-bike fatalities were caused by rollovers.....about half those killed in quad-bike incidents would have survived if they hadn’t been crushed or pinned by the bike.....We know that around 60 per cent of quad-bike fatalities are caused by rollovers, and the operator dies from asphyxia in around half of these.”
Maybe I should buy a horse ro get around on.....oh wait, there are approximately 20 horse riding deaths per year as well....

Ok, thanks for that.
But as I have requested before, and I am asking nicely, I only want to hear about mods and maintenance issues, originally the polaris, but now the Honda.
Not interested in the 13 deaths by quads per year.....
Sure - but I replied to the subject of your post....😇

Maybe I should buy a horse ro get around on.....oh wait, there are approximately 20 horse riding deaths per year as well....
You are doing it again....

But yes, that is why helmets were introduced to horse-riding - "Medical Examiner reports show that 60 % or more of horse-related deaths are caused by head injuries. Helmets can reduce this possibility by 70 to 80 % "

Admittedly I never used to use one, but my mother (who used to ride bare-back to school) commented how road deaths decreased dramatically when cars took over....

Following this thread with interest as I’m setting up a quad myself. Rather than wreck a good thread and have us wade through multiple posts about the safety of quads, when all he (and others) are after are tips on setting up a quad for detecting, goldilocks would you be so kind as to start your own thread and list as many statistics as you like that you can google up and maybe include the statistics on the millions upon millions of incident free quad bike and horse riding incidents every Year.

You are doing it again....

But yes, that is why helmets were introduced to horse-riding - "Medical Examiner reports show that 60 % or more of horse-related deaths are caused by head injuries. Helmets can reduce this possibility by 70 to 80 % "

Admittedly I never used to use one, but my mother (who used to ride bare-back to school) commented how road deaths decreased dramatically when cars took over....
Ok, thanks for the tips.

I was doing it again, because it's my thread.

Mods please close it.

Last line says it all really.

I would like to hear from people who have experience with polaris vehicles, thanks.

I don't want to know about helmets, or what your opinion of quad bike safety means, just want to know any potential problems to be aware of regarding polaris, reliability issues, mechanical fixes etc.

Thanks to goldchaser for his input, as he owns a very similar model.
October 12 last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts