PMAV General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ramjet said:
noncents said:
lucky streak said:
Pablop hi I'm using an android phone maybe why it doesn't work might have to use computer.
Try downloading and using Firefox, it should work on there.

I use Chrome.
I couldn't get the pmav website to work properly, so I use Firefox, there are some sites that will not on my phone with Chrome.This is all I get :(
1424649933_2015-02-23_10.56.32.jpg

Looks like your paged to upcoming events noncents? But the tab for this does not appear to be screened at the far right of the tab bar?

Weird as i see the 'home' tab highlighted.

What happens when you click the 'home' tab again once the site has loaded?

Here's how my page looks......see what i mean?

Its possible you may have a website filter 'checked' in Chromes settings.....have a look see in settings!

29ekn6p.jpg

Chrome settings page :

2lwtx8z.jpg

In Appearance, try clicking 'Reset to default theme'

Reload the site....any diff?

The PMAV Membership Fees for 2015/2016 are now due. You can pay or renew your fees at either your local Sub-branch or by obtaining an Application / Renewal Form for "The Eureka Echo". Cost are as follows :- Individuel and / or Family $50.00. Individual Pensioner and / or Family $30.00. We hope that next years fees can be paid on line direct as we are now up grading the PMAV web site.
We need new members and old members alike to keep up with their annual membership fees so we can still support you the prospector and fight to keep the Victoria Goldfields open. All prospectors in Victoria should belong to the PMAV.
wombat ;)

Condor22 Yes mate I think that should be OK. You have up till the PMAV AGM meeting on the 24th Oct at Creswick.
wombat ;)

Well my brother & I got our forms filled out & got some dollars together & put in our applications to join the PMAV today.
Joining the Ballarat section.
Thought it would be well worth doing as its a good idea to support the organisation who works & supports us prospectors.
Look forward to being sent the booklets & keeping up to date on whats going on with that side of things.

That's fantastic that the both of you have joined. We need as many members as possible as there is a big push right now by the Green movement to try and create a "Great Forest National Park" This area of 355,000 hectares would be added to the already National Parks of the area and reaching from Whittlesea to Woods Point, Eildon to Erica and this would take up a number of Goldfields. But the Greens do not want to stop there, thier next move is to target the Central Goldfields taking in most, if not ALL of the Golden Triangle. Remember that in most National Parks you are NOT allowed to prospect. Not only will this effect us but also 4X4, fishing, motorbike riding, horse riding, restricted camping and much more.
We are going to have a big fight on our hand to try and stop this proposal so we need ever prospector to belong to the PMAV if we have any chance of winning. The full report on the National Parks will be in the next Ecko coming out in a couple of weeks
wombat ;)

wombat said:
That's fantastic that the both of you have joined. We need as many members as possible as there is a big push right now by the Green movement to try and create a "Great Forest National Park" This area of 355,000 hectares would be added to the already National Parks of the area and reaching from Whittlesea to Woods Point, Eildon to Erica and this would take up a number of Goldfields. But the Greens do not want to stop there, thier next move is to target the Central Goldfields taking in most, if not ALL of the Golden Triangle. Remember that in most National Parks you are NOT allowed to prospect. Not only will this effect us but also 4X4, fishing, motorbike riding, horse riding, restricted camping and much more.
We are going to have a big fight on our hand to try and stop this proposal so we need ever prospector to belong to the PMAV if we have any chance of winning. The full report on the National Parks will be in the next Ecko coming out in a couple of weeks
wombat ;)
Maybe it's a good time to start talking about working with the other recreational user groups about presenting a united front against these changes, like rotgrub has initiated stateside.

So the gem club is trying to expand but through 'protection groups' I've seen maps showing that nearly every tributary of the yarra river falls into this map I've seen showing future either catchment or protection areas which may cause a conflict.

We are the only club central to most the gemstone / gold prospecting areas and its future expanding plans means we will be digging a fair bit doing tourist tours and organised digs with the community.

How and what do we need to do to put this across to PMAV to help keep the areas open to prospecting and make sure we are not wiped out from The Valley.

Thanks

Just as a note, the protection act is to prevent an increase in sediments towards melbourne, which in my oppinion will never stop as its geologically impossible to stop earth plates moving and moutains growing which will forever push melbourne into port phillip bay ( many many years ). If Upper Yarra dam was never built, the creeks would have the flow to clear its stagnant tributaries with much better flows and control of sediments. Another large reason for the act is pollution / waste.

I've been to greens commitee meetings and they never knew of prospecting being of any addition to the sediment rates and we are not thier concern ( unless were damaging wildlife and protected fauna / flora ). I think a compromise can be met and keep prospecting active. Thier hobby is to protect the forrest..my hobby is digging minerals..were aloud to have hobbies and trust me..this valley needs activities like prospecting and gems to keep them off the streets

Well said !!
AtomRat said:
So the gem club is trying to expand but through 'protection groups' I've seen maps showing that nearly every tributary of the yarra river falls into this map I've seen showing future either catchment or protection areas which may cause a conflict.

We are the only club central to most the gemstone / gold prospecting areas and its future expanding plans means we will be digging a fair bit doing tourist tours and organised digs with the community.

How and what do we need to do to put this across to PMAV to help keep the areas open to prospecting and make sure we are not wiped out from The Valley.

Thanks

Just as a note, the protection act is to prevent an increase in sediments towards melbourne, which in my oppinion will never stop as its geologically impossible to stop earth plates moving and moutains growing which will forever push melbourne into port phillip bay ( many many years ). If Upper Yarra dam was never built, the creeks would have the flow to clear its stagnant tributaries with much better flows and control of sediments. Another large reason for the act is pollution / waste.

I've been to greens commitee meetings and they never knew of prospecting being of any addition to the sediment rates and we are not thier concern ( unless were damaging wildlife and protected fauna / flora ). I think a compromise can be met and keep prospecting active. Thier hobby is to protect the forrest..my hobby is digging minerals..were aloud to have hobbies and trust me..this valley needs activities like prospecting and gems to keep them off the streets

Get the Greens going with, "GeoTourism.""
And demonstrate the correct way we us sub Greenies go about enjoying
and protecting the great Outdoors that we are blessed with. :D :D :D

Good luck AR.....your intentions are honourable and what we as prospectors stand for mate!

I hope they read this post and listen to you my friend.

Your now holy initiated into Meta's army of troops, that fight to protect our Flora n Fauna, with the intention of protecting our rights as responsible hobbyists, that means no harm to our wonderful natural environment!

God bless the bush, and prospectors who care!

We can work together for the good of all ;)

Latest posts