PMAV General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommtb7

Tommy
Reaction score
Off to my first pmav meeting in drouin tonight, a bit excited to say the least :D

Tommtb7 said:
Off to my first pmav meeting in drouin tonight, a bit excited to say the least :D

Be good to have a meet & greet as well.

WalnLiz said:
Be interested to see how it all goes...

I'm guessing the VEAC findings will be a hot topic :/

Hoping some of the retired guys who go there have had more time than myself & have been able to read & understand the document better than me.
It'd be good if they can find some positiveness in it...

Quite a few of our branch are in WA at the moment and doing alright - most finding gold with one picking a 6 ounce nugget.
Meeting night was cold wet & windy - several of the older members didn't show.

Still a good turn out of around 20.
VEAC was discussed in brief but for our area no parks were considered for opening up to prospecting.
In short, not much positive was said about it.
A fair bit of misleading rubbish from the greenies made mention :mad:
Also that prospectors damage banks and divert rivers. Utter crap that they list that as an argument. These practices are not permitted anywhere as it is...

A couple of group trips were discussed, as well as an invite from the East Gippy branch to join them on their monthly outings.

Chat, cuppa & cake , showing off finds :p finished the night off.

thought I'd go and have a look at the PMAV web pages cos thinking of joining but there's a problem....
1391943243_picture_16.jpg

casper

I planned to go to this, but my young bloke's a bit crook in hospital. If anyone's able to take a short video of the stamper working and post it on the forum, it would be much appreciated.

We wanted to go to this but couldn't get away, are there any members who went and
could report on the days happenings ??

Cheers
P&R

Juzz said:
...If anyone's able to take a short video of the stamper working and post it on the forum, it would be much appreciated...

If this is the small display stamper you're talking about, I'll be able to help you out with some photos & video next time it's out.
The East & West Gippy PMAV branches share the display caravan which the small display stamper lives in.
I helped set it up at the recent Yarragon Gem show. but never took video off it running.

Thanks Ag Man. I was initially told that the stamper was a full scale steam driven thing, but later found out it was just the small display one.
I'd still like to check it out though. I'll try and get to one of these shows.

Sadly in a too little too late scenario I have just been informed that the Pmav has opened a new chapter in Bendigo. Great news but I must also express my disappointment in hearing of this via text message, and then by confirmation via the pmav website. On reflection this was widely distributed in other forums, and the surrounding proprietors businesses, but alas not here. I'm regularly out in the district and noone mentioned the launch, nor the fact that at organised event is occurring this weekend. Perhaps its entirely my fault in not checking up but I'm a little curious as to why something was not mentioned here. On the plus side the bendigo area has a new chapter which I'm sure will be a great value not only now but in years to come.

I've invited the PMAV to be a part of Prospecting Australia several times now but they have showed little interest in doing so (never replied). I've recently been talking to Lynnie from the Bendigo branch and hope to change this very soon.

Latest posts