Plighbanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully next weekend I will start on this new line.
This was at the creswick meet up today, I did run some clays through it, it broke them down well, iron shot was in all the corners, majority of black sand was in the dream Matt.

The length of a sluice has an effect on breaking up the clay as well as removing the tailings away from the site.

The length of a sluice has an effect on breaking up the clay as well as removing the tailings away from the site.
once material enters a sluice it all travels at the same velocity depending on its mass and specific gravity. A sluice would have to be very long with scouring zones to create abrasions once suspended and travelling in the same direction.
Eg..
A clay bottom of a creek needs 3 meters of velocity per second to even dislodged a single particle..

Trying to remember where I started my research years ago, I think I started with googling 'fluid dynamics'.
Deep into I found that there are mathematical algorithms to predict effects in waterways which is studied to control effects of EROSION.
You can get a phd in this field if your a passionate conservationist or someone like me to use their research to my advantage 😈
So if you think about all the areas you seen close to waterways that have extensive replantation of young trees each surrounded by 3 pickets and plastic to protect and insure their young survival, I'm betting the species of tree has a deep and large rooting system when they grow to hold all the ground together.
In saying this..
It's these trees if they grow in the perfect position of a given creek zone I have learnt, hold it all together in a flood situation and where the best gold is..

Last edited:
The most important and beneficial thing to do in a rooted Creek zone..
While your pulling it all apart, don't damage the roots, after your done put the big rocks back into the root system especially on the the upstream side to help protect the roots from the next bombardment of the next flood.
If everything survives then the gold will be there again!

Latest posts