Photographs of prospectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all.
Im starting a new photo project looking into the history of gold in australia, both old and new.

I would love the opportunity to meet some of you in the hope of learning more and developing the project into something substantial.
Initially I would like to photograph you in the areas where you look, or perhaps in areas where you have has success...

If anyone would be interested, please do get in touch.

Thankyou so much for your time

Edit: No personal details on the open forum Use PM or email.
Jaros

I have has no successes :/ ..... ev'a :(

Ceptin the centre of has park

1612848362_screenshot_2021-02-09-15-25-39.jpg

grubstake said:
ryanachilles said:
Initially I would like to photograph you in the areas where you look, or perhaps in areas where you have has success...

I'm sure there'd be a lot of people excited to see those photos, especially if you can include the GPS coordinates. :playful:

There's a lot of have has's about that though.... I'd probly only go as far as inference with a touch of ambiguity to soften the blow.... maybe even wear the powerfish mask of anonymity. Green screen the background in of an obscure angle of parliament house that's only recognizable by the astute tourist minded oficionado. (Even though somewhat mislead) :D

I'm not really a paranoid person, but something is off here. Just enough grammatical errors to put the wind up me lol

grubstake said:
ryanachilles said:

I'm sure there'd be a lot of people excited to see those photos, especially if you can include the GPS coordinates. :playful:

Yes I have my own "historical project" please, people, send me the locations of your finds so that I can "document them". No shady business, no sir.

Rodt said:
I never though to ask for details of finds and locations when I introduced myself. Bugger sounds like a good idea in hindsight

I'm with you Rodt
But like Forest Gump said
" I'm not a very smart man " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure why everyone reacts so strongly to selective photos of somewhere that they have already been, where they probably did not find the Welcome Stranger anyway! There is not much secret to pinch in 99.9% of cases - virtually everywhere appears on some map or report - and any others with unworked areas don't have to respond. Perhaps we need to occasionally take things at face value, where there is little to lose. Seems a potential way to increase interest in the hobby.....

I appreciate that this might sound shady to some.
I can assure you that I am doing this purely for artistic purposes.

I would happily meet any of you in a place of your choosing.
Initially I wanted to start in Warrandyte because of the history. I wanted to photograph the old mines, houses, tools, etc.
Perhaps some of you could even point me in the right direction as to where some of these old buildings may be.
I am very open to this project changing the way it needs to.

Perhaps some of you have family members who did this work also, which again I would like to hear their stories...

Thanks all in advance and I apologise to those who I may have offended.

Ryan

If someone can reconise the back ground in a photo obviously they have already been there before, unless you take the picture under a road sign or landmark.

I never get photos because the phone makes the detector warble so i dont carry it.

Its a great oppurtunity for some of the struggling comunities to slip in some reconisable photos to try bring the crowds in.

You might want to get in touch with the PMAV (Prospector's and Miners Association of Victoria) who conduct field days which I'm sure you will be invited to attend. Put simply the PMAV is our state lobby group with local branches accross Victoria and a state committee, I'm sure they would like to hear your intentions and allow you to join them for an outing in some capacity. They also have a wealth of knowledge on historical matters prospecting related.

https://pmav.org.au/

Another option is to get in touch with John Tully at the Dunolly museum where you will find the anvil which the Welcome Stranger nugget was cut on. If you visit the Dunolly museum you will find at sorts of early days prospecting history in the way of tools and the like.

https://dunollymuseumsite.wordpress.com/hours-open/

Thanks so much for your replies on this AussieFarmer and RMoutback.
In the style that I shoot, I like a very shallow depth of field so the location would never be a giveaway.

I have tried to link my website and instagram but it has been removed.

Many thanks again!

Latest posts