Palmerville Gold Q&A

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, Ben here from Gold Diggers, Golden Spur Mining and Palmerville Gold. Heard there was a few questions about Palmerville and thought I would jump on and start a thread. I am here to answer any questions, hear any constructive criticism, any good things and maybe able to add valve other places too. I am sort of all over the place timeframe wise so I won’t live on here but have set a reminder on my phone to have a look at 9pm daily (tends to be when the day ends). Anyway thanks for having me.

Hi Ben, Michael being the camp manager what is your role if that's ok to ask ? Getting a bit confused but I'm presuming Gold Diggers, Golden Spur Mining and Palmerville Gold is all the same? Had a few questions I asked regards detecting on Palmerville on Michaels intro post but as yet no reply. Cheers Gav

Hi Ben, Michael being the camp manager what is your role if that's ok to ask ? Getting a bit confused but I'm presuming Gold Diggers, Golden Spur Mining and Palmerville Gold is all the same? Had a few questions I asked regards detecting on Palmerville on Michaels intro post but as yet no reply. Cheers Gav
I think the Mods closed that down in preference to this thread. Michael is the on-site manager looking after general day to day. I own the Palmerville Gold business. Any questions just ask mate

Hearing some conflicting reports re Palmerville Station you could perhaps clear up and dispel the Chinese whispers so to speak ? What's currently available, what's going to be coming up and also current ground conditions would be great . Also a priority for me is are Quads and Side B Sides allowed?
As short of horse back needed to get into that type of country. Much rain up there recently ? Clarification straight from the source much appreciated. Cheers

I think the Mods closed that down in preference to this thread. Michael is the on-site manager looking after general day to day. I own the Palmerville Gold business. Any questions just ask mate
Hearing some conflicting reports re Palmerville Station you could perhaps clear up and dispel the Chinese whispers so to speak ? What's currently available, what's going to be coming up and also current ground conditions would be great . Also a priority for me is are Quads and Side B Sides allowed?
As short of horse back needed to get into that type of country. Much rain up there recently ? Clarification straight from the source much appreciated. Cheers
There has been conflicting reports over the place. I suppose thats because people have conflicting experiences. Some go up there and have a ball, some don’t. What is an extreme 4x4 track is to others a simple bush track. I think I may spend too much time in the bush and am used to going bush. I forget that some people might spend a week a year in the bush and think it’s all too much.

As to what’s available it’s bush camping with some facilities. We have drinking water, one toilet/shower and wifi at the top camp. We are in the process of putting in another3 toilets and 3 showers. We have a wifi extender going in that will put wifi over most of the camp grounds. There are a number of fireplaces across the camp ground. The general shop is open and try to keep it stocked the best we can. There is a cafe going in ( looking for an operator) and we are hoping this year we will have a liquor licence. We have 3, let’s call them 3star old miners huts we have done up from the 70’s for rent.

So are far as the ground, the people that come up for a shorter period than the whole season have access to 200km2 of pretty good ground and the season pass guys have access to another 500km2 so 700km2 in total. It’s $25 a night per person including fossicking. From there it gets cheaper for the longer you stay.

Getting there. The turnoff is 17kms south of the Palmer roadhouse at whites creek Rd. From there it’s 42kms on dirt to the campsite turnoff. All very easy to do. Probably 6 very shallow easy rocky creek crossings. We have 2 wheel drive vechiles come in most of the time.

Now t
As short of horse back needed to get into that type of country. Much rain up there recently ? Clarification. straight from the source much appreciated. C
Now the tracks down into the fossicking areas are rough in places. I never have my vechile in 4x4 unless it’s wet. We allow side x sides and motorcycles with conditional rego but are phasing out quad bikes ( to many accidents already). We are having them out as some people have spent the money on one and it’s horrible to halfway through a season say they have to be removed. So there are no new quad bikes and there will be none next year

Rain. 2 days before we planned to burn 50,000 acres in the fossicking area we got 140mm so it’s put the burn off for a few weeks

Latest posts