Palmer River.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh jackpot not to bad I reckon it will be a full campground for awhile wonder if there is a limit for number of campers

Camping $50 per night
10 nights for a couple comes down to $360 or $36 per night
Advertised tours ..
1626132662_15f9bfff-0792-4518-80c9-f52be7dfba18.jpg

Ill pass :N:

Some of my concerns about paying Stations to detect are..
Do they detect themselves..
We have been on Stations that only allow you to detect in a certain area..
They keep you out of the best areas..and keep the best for themselves..
I think palmerville was looking at only opening 100 sq km..
That might seem a lot but that would depend on how wide spread the gold is..
10 km by 10 km doesnt seem much to me after what we have in WA..
From my maps most of the gold fields in that region dont seem to be on Palmerville..
Palmer River seems to be the source of Gold on Palmerville..
The Chinese were very good and would have got all the easy Gold..
Palmerville doesnt seem to have too many historical mining areas except on the Palmer River..
If the Gold was in the Palmerville hills it doesnt seem like the Chinese found it.
And they didnt miss much..
Time will tell..I hope it turns out OK..but I am sceptical..

Not too sure that your info is quite right Baldy!
Rumoured sources of the gold are East of the Highway, Jessops Range and Maddens.
All had significant Hard rock shows, but who knows?
Sure, the big river is at the lowest point, so as we all know....

I believe the new venture that Palmerville are offering is 3 x 100sq kms, but one section for paid tours only. (Obviously a perceived 'better' area?)

For not having legal access to the area for so long, I think it is an awesome opportunity for FNQ prospectors that have been very limited for places to go after John shut down Maitland Downs.

As for the Chinese getting it all! 'We' have pulled 000's of ounces out of the R16 alone, which is just a smidge on the area's offered by this mob.

Sure, the prices look up there and the website is not all that informative yet.
I remember paying Doug Stone and Iain Aitken I think $700 to tag along with one of their tours for 4 days back in the early 90's. Got 10 ounces that trip, but gold was only $16 a gram!

Guy's I have absolutely no vested interest in this crew, never even met them, but I think its a step in the right direction for prospectors up here?

1626253510_qld_mines.jpg

Palmerville is going to be awesome... some billy goat terrain towards the northern part of the station which looks great! Last time I detected the Palmer was 20 + years ago. Didn't have to pay back then, but I don't mind paying now...so close to home :D

1626913181_69cba4d4-d10a-47d8-b632-6189a8851f53.jpg
Palmer station is the Pink dot..would like to know where the 10km x10km Land is that we can go on ..This map is from trilobite..showing historical mines..It just doesnt seem a lot of old activity on Palmerville that I can see..For us its a big drive probably over 3k each way and if it turns out a bummer..not many options up there for us..If we were closer I definitely would be having a go..But to plan our next years trip there Im not sure,,

The pink dot is the Homestead.
Just about the whole of that picture is Palmerville Station property.
The green shaded area is the R16 which is a no go area without lease holder permission.

I don't know where the maps have gone indicating the blocks available.
Perhaps give them a call?
Their website is still 5hit3!

Heading up this Friday for the weekend, booked online through their Facebook page. 25 bucks per night... In regards to available areas, no info that I can find but I marked out 5 potential area's around the station to go detecting. Hopefully one is within the designated area's... won't know until I get there. I made a couple of maps for the trip using Derm site ie: Google earth imagery with all the current and non current leases & historical mines including fault lines. So I'll see how the 12 Zed coil likes it. Up around Jessop Range would be nice just outside the R16. :Y:

Latest posts