Oz Tent - Jet tent bunker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have one of the Oz Tents new swags Jet Tent Bunker? Looks cool..

Keen to find out if there any good..

Looks good, just a bit pricey I feel. Oztrail easyfold stretcher tent for $199 better value.

We have an oz tent RV 5 best thing since sliced bread :D so easy to set up .

I have an OzTent Jet Tent F30X, two rooms and total floor area of 4800mm X 3000mm. Huge and heavy tent but worth the expense due to its pop-up frame which goes up in 30 seconds like the RV-series tents (even though it really does take a little longer than 30 seconds). I also have the full extension kit for it which brings it's total length to 6600mm. It is nicknamed The Swamp and signposted as such. I also have an F30 which is now just a spare tent.

Hi Rock, I have 2 for those quick trips when the camper trailer is not invited.
Not much time ATM , will write a tad more on them here tomorrow.

1382438892_a032.jpg

Just been away with my young bloke, he has a RV4 (4man) it is excellent. No leaks in the hail, rain & wind we encountered. Really quick setup. 4 man, you're dreaming, no room for anything else. About $1000 but a good product with a nice little front flap. My tent suffered a split carbon pole during the weekend weather & had a leak due to the hail, it's a chinese branded tent.

slowflow said:
Just been away with my young bloke, he has a RV4 (4man) it is excellent. No leaks in the hail, rain & wind we encountered. Really quick setup. 4 man, you're dreaming, no room for anything else. About $1000 but a good product with a nice little front flap. My tent suffered a split carbon pole during the weekend weather & had a leak due to the hail, it's a chinese branded tent.

Yeah slowflow, our RV5 has torn the front flap after about 1 years worth of camping , when there is two people in this size tent I don't think you have a lot of room left for your gear!
But all in all the oz tent is good value and easy to set up :)

The 30 second pitch is B-----it!!!

30 seconds to put it up then 15 minutes to peg everything down.however it is a good tent,we have had ours about 8 years & is still in good nick with no leaks.
The other thing not in its favour is its length when folded which means it has to go up on the roof rack

I love my new RV1 . I have the fly , side and front panels to go with it . Fantastic ..... Yeah , sure , the 30 second set up is a bit of a gimmick , but if I just need shelter for the night , on the side of the road for example ..... it is an easy option .
Certainly a huge step up from sleeping in a hammock on the back of the ute !!!
Steve .

The old southern cross 10 x 10 with side poles are beauts as well. up pretty quick, pack up fast and have enough room for your gear and a double queen bed roll.
We have an oztent4 also and theres no room for 2 and your gear. Nothings ever perfect its how much you can be bothered and how much comfort you need I suppose determines your set up.

Latest posts