Outback/bush internet and TV systems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you are really remote Id reckon anything will struggle other than satellite. We really only use this in populated areas, if we set it up and get no reception we just pack it away and read a book. We were under no illusions that it would work everywhere, if we got the local news we were happy.

I bought a new KING antenna to replaced my old King control flex dish. By comparison, this was much easier to get up and running. I like the new cover. Allows you to check on the dish during setup to make sure its working properly. The ease of the setup was surprising and the picture quality is amazing!

Jaros said:
We basically have the local country radio station tuned in and enjoy the local news and sheep/cattle reports as well as a lot of country and western music for a change. :)

105.7 FM or 981 AM when in the WA goldfields, pleasant listening. Failing that 3000+ country & western songs on a USB stick.
If the WA lockdown finishes tonight I'll be "On the road again." :D

BigL said:
whats wrong with all you city folk.. you go bush and cant go without a bloody TV for a few days... your brainwashed, the lot of ya!

Don't ever come camping with us because your TV will immediatly go in either a river, dam or used as firewood.

Think it's a bit different when semi permanent nomad status.

quite a long time ago I worked up Durham Downs Station way (near Poeppel's Corner) QLD. I use to regularly tune into Burke Outback Radio each Saturday morning, was an absolute crack up. The DJ's had obviously been on the turps together the night before and were no doubt still half cut, was pretty good entertainment. Country folk having a dig at one another while arguing over anything worthy of debate, they often threw in some great ol' Aussie country tunes and also had a talk back session.. I'm sure half the pub they were in the night before called in looking for someone or just to say g'day then throw a great Aussie joke in.

Arhh the good ol' days..

Installed SuperSonic tv in my RV. I cut off the "cigarette lighter" 12-volt adapter after determining the + and - wires and hard-wired it into the electrical system. Incredibly light. Sitting 8 to 10 feet away, there is no quality issue with the image. If you want a great system at a great price for your RV or boat, this will work.