On This Day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On This Day In 1961 Sir Earle Page, the 11th Prime Minister of Australia, (he was in office for 19 days in 1939) died, aged 81 in Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺

On This Day In 1988 A Pan AM 747, on a flight from London to New York City, exploded in mid air over the town of Lockerbie, killing all 259 people on board and 11 on the ground, a bomb made and planted by Libyan terrorists caused the explosion. RIP⚘🌷

On This Day In 2004 a huge earthquake off the coast of Northern Sumatra created a tsunami in the Indian Ocean with waves up to 30 metres high that devastated several countries and killed an estimated 228,000 people in one of the world's worst ever natural disasters. 🌊⚘️ R.I.P.

On This Day In 2004 a huge earthquake off the coast of Northern Sumatra created a tsunami in the Indian Ocean with waves up to 30 metres high that devastated several countries and killed an estimated 228,000 people in one of the world's worst ever natural disasters. 🌊⚘️ R.I.P.
One of our children watched on TV the beach hut in Thailand that thy had been in 2 weeks before wash away! Had felt ill so came home early.....

On This Day In 1971 the first McDonald's outlet in Australia 🇦🇺 opened in the Sydney suburb of Yagoona. 🍔 I've never eaten one of they're hamburgers but I had an egg and bacon McMuffin for breakfast once, "not bad" I thought.

On This Day In 1971 the first McDonald's outlet in Australia 🇦🇺 opened in the Sydney suburb of Yagoona. 🍔 I've never eaten one of they're hamburgers but I had an egg and bacon McMuffin for breakfast once, "not bad" I thought.
Funny thing Dave , my half brother took me there just after it opened and bought me two Big Mac’s and fries. Not bad if ya hungry and in the last couple of years the wife and i have a Big Mac on McHappy Day to support the Ronald McDonald House Charity. One a year will do me.

Latest posts