numpty's finds with an old coinmaster 5000D

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not much to report.........had to take Dad into the hospital on Friday so thought i'd try a different park while waiting for him, only about half an hour hunt, scored a roached half penny and my 1st farthing that is also roached!

1520144556_img_20180301_104425_213.jpg
1520144570_img_20180301_104642_734.jpg
1520144587_img_20180301_121531.jpg
1520144604_img_20180301_123333.jpg

hi smoky yep i will get back to this park at some stage, was lucky to get em though as its very ard to ear this machine during the day when theres traffic roar'n past.
i'll go back at night so i can hear better. i need to make a little ear piece that will fit in me ear ole.

Hi Rockhunter, your not ignorant at all mate, Roached means it's buggered, damaged, broken, rusty or just not working :)

Heatho..... oh you poor bastard! excuse me for not caring! :lol: ;) i'll swap hunting patches with you any day :) :Y: you'll find one im sure mate.

Silver, not getting out much but still keen for a hunt if im feeling ok :Y:

Sandta, thx mate im happy to get one, ya not wrong about rare considering the amount of coins everyone finds they dont pop up too often.

The coin master 4900d was the first detector I ever owned.Brought it when I was 15yrs old.loved it..wish I still had it..Not sure of the difference between the too but it was really sensitive and I found a lot with it.Good to see there still being used.:Y: :D

it's about time i forced myself out to remove some of the guts that i have collected while being not too great in the health department not to mention the virus problems.

i am going to try and start to go back to all the local places i have been (within about 2kms from me).

most times i detected in discrimination mode but now i think i might do it in all metal mode, im sure i'm going to dig a lot of crap but maybe i might find a gem.

more i can dig the better even if it is rubbish :) .

i have only been out around half a dozen times since i last posted here :argh: :awful:

aint nothing wrong with those 5000D's, Dad had one back in the late 70's and pulled a lovely 22oz nugget amongst many others over the ounce using it. First day out with it Dad and I paid for it with gold finds! Arh those were the days

i have had a ball with this detector, i think that's why i didn't buy a new one.

there's going to be a lot of digging in all metal mode, i need to lose a few kg's :awful: so should suit me just fine :p

i wish it was still the 70's, you must of been very happy with it back then! :Y: :goldnugget:

the only nuggets this has touched since i have had it is a few dry dog nuggets that i moved with the coil, not the fresh one's though :lol:

haha.. yeah wrong sort of nugget Numpty. Loose weight, maybe you need to stop knocking off the rig floors smoko :cool:

Yeah some great times had back then, was a lot easier in those days to come home rewarded.

I found loads of coins in the Sydney parks and beaches in the late 80's with a 6000D series 3. Awesome machines for their time.