numpty's finds with an old coinmaster 5000D

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably like lots of things in life. You can have all the gear but no idea. Often not the detector, but the person behind it I would think.

numpty said:
hi folks, been a lot longer than i thought since i posted anything in here but iv'e only been out about a dozen times and found bugger all.

hit a spot i have tried probably 3 times before with no luck, this time i went into a different area and got a small coin spill :Y: :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5599/1505972397_img_20170921_144545.jpg

Seems that the machine doesn't have the final word,although today's detectors would leave the older ones in the dust (if you have some clue) so to speak.

But as my detecting guru Gary used to say - if it isn't in the ground you can't find it 8)

Good to see these older machines still being used,maybe you should contact Shannon's for some insurance :D being what some might call an enthusiast :cool:

Nice collection of silver :Y:

Good effort :)

Greasy said:
Yes it's a hard choice isn't it. Looking to buy my first for myself and the kids so after something that's easy to use. I've been reading a bit, and looking at the ace 250 but not certain either. Happy hunting.

cant go wrong with the ace 250, they are a great 1st detector.

Thanks Numpty. I'm leaning a little more that way now. I know this probably isn't the right spot to ask, but are the waterproof coils actually handy or a bit more of a gimmick?

not sure about waterproof or not, someone here will be able to tell you though, if they are thats even better!.

has been a few times i wish mine was.

out for an hour a couple of nights ago, only 1 thrip and no other coins what so ever. lucky i do most of my hunts at night or i wouldn't hear the thrips with the noise during the day. its a bit worn but i dont care as its only my 2nd one.

1508912688_img_20171023_233606_861.jpg

1508912731_img_20171023_233406_315.jpg

Cool Finds Numpty . Keep going you may find a dropped 1 1931 indian die. They are worth around 4,000 in good condition. They are actually rarer than the 1930. I know I have one. Got it valued by a coin dealer about 4 years ago. Found in my fathers cache of coins after he passed. Now only if could find that 1930.!!!

That thrip has seen a few trouser pockets in its time, another silver for the collection - congrats on your oldest coin. :Y:

Latest posts