numpty's finds with an old coinmaster 5000D

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely stunning cleanup mate, I love that its a full complete chain as well, awesome as! Look at all them coins mate! Are you throwing them up in the air and swimming in them on your bed yet cackling ;) :lol:

Great day mate, all work done by you. Big pat on the back! Can't wait :)

thanks blokes, i was like a madman didnt stop for 4 and a half hours, my backs rooted.
im hoping i can continue that clean up when i get back there.

went somewhere else for a change a couple of days ago, got a few moderns and found this shotgun, flare case looking thing.
the base of it is all one piece pressed out and has a thin insert at the bottom, its very thin and its copper or brass, any ideas anyone?. it really looks like a shotty case.
no markings on the base apart from there is a tiny square edge on the 'primer' hole.

went to a mates tonight, then out for 40 minutes before the dark and mozzies set in, it's only his 2nd time out and he scored a 1943 6p.... the tin arse.

i found a 10c, 2c and my 1st Florin 1946 vintage :D.

and after a citric acid clean.

i just nicked the 'R' on Australia and the edge of the coin unearthing it :mad:

Abit of a nick just makes you realise you need to be archeologically minded in your retievals ,..I nicked a coin yesterday,... luckily it was a 1c and not my shilling.(it happens to us all at times)
You can harbly see anything(the nick) there on your florin, and didn't it come up a treat as a display coin after your cleanup job,... very nice for a first florin find. :D