Nullagine Gold WA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would like some advice on detecting at Nullagine and Mosquito Creek please. We did a run out there today and the road at Mosquito Creek is freshly graded and widened. Yahoo!
Some pending ground. Not sure whether to work the higher slopes and ridge tops, or the lower slopes and flat scrapings or the creeks and gullies. Can’t do it all and there is a lot of interesting ground to cover in the short time available to us.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would like some advice on detecting at Nullagine and Mosquito Creek please. We did a run out there today and the road at Mosquito Creek is freshly graded and widened. Yahoo!
Some pending ground. Not sure whether to work the higher slopes and ridge tops, or the lower slopes and flat scrapings or the creeks and gullies. Can’t do it all and there is a lot of interesting ground to cover in the short time available to us.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Close around Nullagine being easy to access unfortunately means over the years a lot of the ground has been covered, similarly, so has Mosquito Creek area. In saying that though, the areas are very large and no one ever covers it all or gets it all. Perhaps the only thing I could suggest is, pick an area that you think looks good, and go for it. Best of luck and hope you get some colour.

Thank you. Have read it and believe I saw the book in Kal and almost bought it. :)
Can’t buy it here in Nullagine of course.
Will just have to teach ourselves.
Did you read the : gsdEN_Nullagine100 report
The Geology is vast different than the rest of the state deeply weathered and for that gold is trap in it's shale rock formation on the slopes of the rangers as you would of seen plenty of out there as with all goldfields the gullies are good Entrapments for heavy metals.

Good start would be to find a Reef that was known to have shred gold and stick with and follow the line from hill to gullies to hill side again if it has shred gold on one slope then it is sure to do it again and could be a case of being hundreds of metres from the known location.

Latest posts