NSW LGA's becoming fossicking districts - Update

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work

In regards to the tourism angle , if you find people go "oh yeah so what there isnt many prospectors around any more" , do you mention there is 40,000 prospectors around australia just in the states that have licences ?

I might be wrong on the number , maybe NAPFA or PMAV can update the figures .

In rural towns that are dead or dying , they would love some of those visitors.

The local tourism bodies in the areas approached have been provided with tourism figures from NAPFA. I believe both figures from WA, which are significantly better than NSW, & estimated NSW figures were used.
In all cases the tourism bodies I contacted have been very interested in securing their area as a fossicking district & have helped with or had even already approached their council in regards to becoming one. In my experience they are on board with it & appreciate the opportunity + benefits it can bring.

Well done Mbasco ..
Just read back through your previous thread.. obviously NAPFA are working hard on all this, but seems that you have been very active too.
It's a great advertisment for NAPFA membership.

4 more NSW Fossicking Districts gazetted today.
60 Bega Valley Shire Council LGA
61 Bland Shire Council LGA
62 Eurobodalla Shire Council LGA
63 Tumut area
NSW Government Gazette No 52 of 28 April 2017
1524 - 1528
Available here:
http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/notifications/2017/0424

Good work to all involved! :Y:

We are now up to 10 new Fossicking Districts since NAPFA started this campaign. These were the first new districts declared since 2001.

I have been spending hours on the phone and emailing the many LGA's that have not responded to the offers first made in September 2015 and again early last year. We have to chase them until we get results. It is slow going.

Just this week I covered Cabonne, Cobar, Hilltops, Gundagai, Blayney. The map is beginning to look better for us!

Stephen
President NAPFA

NAPFA said:
Just this week I covered Cabonne, Cobar, Hilltops, Gundagai, Blayney. The map is beginning to look better for us!

Hi Stephen, Hilltops is the combination of Boorowa, Harden and Junee Shires, I thought at least Junee was already a fossicking district?

The below shire LGA's were NSW Fossicking Districts prior to the recent invitation:

TUMBARUMBA SHIRE LGA 7 L98/0394 Notified at the request of Tumbaruma Council
COOMA-MONARO SHIRE LGA 5 L98/0394 Notified at the request of Cooma-Monaro Council
TALLAGANDA SHIRE LGA 8 L98/0394 Notified at the request of Tallaganda Council
YOUNG SHIRE LGA 6 L98/0394 Notified at the request of Young Council
SEVERN SHIRE LGA 2 T97/0535 Notified at the request of Severn Council
BARRABA SHIRE LGA 9 L99/0610 Notified at the request of Barraba Shire Council
NUNDLE SHIRE LGA
INVERELL SHIRE LGA

Junee wasn't on the prior list?

Hi CML,

Not sure where your information about Junee is coming from. According to their website the new Hilltops is made up of the Boorowa, Harden and Young LGAs.

With Young already a FD, Boorowa and Harden would complete the suite for the Hilltops, so they are the additional areas being sought. Let's see how it goes.

Stephen
President
NAPFA

Yeah, sorry Stephen, it's this mental thing I have, I often say/write Junee when I mean Young! No idea why :)

Have you had any response from Temora yet?

3 more new NSW fossicking districts gazetted Friday 2nd July 2017

a) all land within the Local Government Area of Mid-Western Regional Council and identified by bold black outline in the map in Schedule 1, to be named Fossicking District 64.
b) all land within the Local Government Area of Goulburn Mulwaree Council and identified by bold black outline in the map in Schedule 2, to be named Fossicking District 65.
c) all land within the Local Government Area of Cabonne Council and identified by bold
black outline in the map in Schedule 3, to be named Fossicking District 66.

NSW Government Gazette No 57 (1849 to 1852)
http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/notifications/2017/0529

Great work NAPFA & others involved!

Latest posts