NSW LGA's becoming fossicking districts - Update

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1496561889_district_64.jpg
1496561900_district_65.jpg
1496561916_district_66.jpg

:Y:

That's the Map I need, but of All of NSW :Y: Been Watching Minview for an Updated version.... Guess we JUST have to wait 8)

LW...

I am aware of how Minview works but I don't always go there just to see what new districts have been added, but I was a nsw gummint website looking for something else and saw the announcement re the two new fossicking districts and thought that not everyone may be aware of their existence.

By all means Whisp. :)
Not intended at all to be offensive. :) :)
And Thanks for raising the question. :Y:
The relevant LGA's sometimes don't let
us know that they have declared their area
a new Fossicking District.
A new government Gazette is also some times
the only way we know until the letter or email
comes through a few days or weeks after the event.
Or an eagle eyed person spot's the notification before we do.
There are a few in the pipeline at the moment and we are
also waiting on a huge area of NSW to be possibly declared as well.
Minview can take a while to reflect the changes as well.

4 more NSW Fossicking Districts gazetted today.
60 Bega Valley Shire Council LGA
61 Bland Shire Council LGA
62 Eurobodalla Shire Council LGA
63 Tumut area
NSW Government Gazette No 52 of 28 April 2017
1524 - 1528
Available here:
http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/notifications/2017/0424

Good work to all involved! :Y:
Thats Fantastic MBASKO - Can I please ask what this means - I am new to this? Does a fossicking District mean you can fossick anywhere with a license, or do you still require permision?
I have noticed old mines in some of these areas and not 100% on rules for these areas as seen on minview,
TIA

Thats Fantastic MBASKO - Can I please ask what this means - I am new to this? Does a fossicking District mean you can fossick anywhere with a license, or do you still require permision?
I have noticed old mines in some of these areas and not 100% on rules for these areas as seen on minview,
TIA
In becoming a fossicking district it removes the need for us to by rights (legally) have to acquire the permission of Exploration Lease holders to fossick. It does NOT give fossickers any new rights of access but removes a lot of red tape.
You still need landholder, land manager or Crown Land permissions/permits & any other mining tenement permissions for access.

Exploration Leases can cover vast areas of lands when in fact the areas of interest within them can be relatively small. Exploration/mining companies are often ignorant of the requirement to be asked for permission, dont respond to requests for permission or just give you a flat out NO without any need to provide a reason. It can also be very hard for most to find information & contact details for owners of Exploration Leases.

If you fossick on an area covered by an Exploration Lease, & you are not in a Fossicking District or dont have Exploration Lease holder permission, you are breaking the law and under the Mining Act 1992 can face a 50 point or $5500 penalty. This applies even if you have permission of the land owner or land manager/s!

Coffs Harbour area and right up to the border would be good...:cool:

Also the Extended National Parks and the State Forests that are about to become National Parks In NSW..
Eg Ewingar SF to become a NP very soon as well as New 'Protected areas' with-in Existing NP's and SF's...

LW.....

Latest posts