Noodling machine / Trommel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me for my ignorance, I'm sure I'm not alone. What is a Noodling Machine, sounds like a bit of kit suitable to Opal 🤔
Hi yes its a machine that you load dirt and rocks into one end and it rotates in a drum that removes the dirt leaving the rocks to go through with your blacklight. I dont really know to much about them just what ive been told about and im sure there would even be another name for it other than noodling machine i was kind of hoping that someone on here would know what i was talking about and point me in the rite direction to build one or buy one

Put trommel into the search function up the top and heaps should come up include plans

Just grab an old cement mixer and mount it in a 6x4 trailer ? You could even get a s/hand agitator unit from a bob cat set up and just fit a hydraulic pump 👍

thank you so much for your reply that puts me on the rite track as well thank you
Was having a bit more of a think on this, what i would do as you say you only require small scale? Buy a petrol powered mixer and get a 6 x 4 trailer. Mount mixer in trailer and seal the bed so it basically becomes a 6x4 water tank. Have a screen over trailer so as you tip out washed material the water drains back into trailer bed and could use a pump or hand bucket water back into bowl. That way your recycling water which water being usually the one thing that is not plentiful in opal areas. A simple drain tap in trailer bed so if and when moving could just drain water back into containers and move on.

Was having a bit more of a think on this, what i would do as you say you only require small scale? Buy a petrol powered mixer and get a 6 x 4 trailer. Mount mixer in trailer and seal the bed so it basically becomes a 6x4 water tank. Have a screen over trailer so as you tip out washed material the water drains back into trailer bed and could use a pump or hand bucket water back into bowl. That way your recycling water which water being usually the one thing that is not plentiful in opal areas. A simple drain tap in trailer bed so if and when moving could just drain water back into containers and move on.
Awesome idea and thank you for taking the time to think about my problem im having i take my hat off to you now ill start collecting the bits ill need to make it happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts