Newbe

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone new to prospecting like brand new only just a detector just wondering what I need to do to get out there ie. What licences do I need I will be doing beaches to start off thanks in advance

Colin

On beaches, no liscences or permission required. Same as unoccupied crown land. Council owned parks are usually ok but leave no sign that you have been there.

Hi Colin. You live in the right neck of the wood being in WA. Correct me if Im wrong but I thing you need a prospecting licence in WA not too sure. NSW you dont need one but you do for fossicking in (some a-selected few) national parks. Have fun and hope you find some colour.

Hi Knightdog
I've been told that I don't need a licence for the beach detecting so I guess I'll keep trying it but will get a miners right as soon as the office opens up and again

Colin1980 said:
Well started off my journey into detecting found $4 and two bottle tops 2 ring pulls a bolt and a bike bell :) :)
Your well on your way Colin, you've got that detector working and now you've found a bike bell all you need to do is find a bike. Cheers mate :beer: From Dave

Latest posts