Newb - What to find in the Wheatbelt, WA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!
Im new here, thanks for having me! :D

Im going out to visit family soon and wondering what i could find around Merredin, WA area? Other than gold..
Or if someone could point me to a website thatll help with what i could find.. Ive had a google but not really found anything helpful so far.

Will be going to bunnings to get some newb tools too.

Thanks! :gemstone:

welcome mate,
I live in the upper great southern not real sure what you will find, one thing you can do is sign up for the mines department tenagraph website and and great resources there of current leaseholds also geograph also shows old mines open and shut and what resource was mined, if your looking into doing this more often look at getting your miners right under 30 bucks for life and tengraph is free.
here are some links that may be of some interest

https://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/Minerals/Miners-Rights-2427.aspx

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/TENGRAPH-Web-21427.aspx

hope this helps and gets you going

Hi all!

Im going out to visit family soon and wondering what i could find around Merredin, WA area? Other than gold..
Or if someone could point me to a website thatll help with what i could find.. Ive had a google but not really found anything helpful so far.

Sand..🤣

Hi all!

Hello ,my first post here.There are some great camping places NE of Mukinbudin , and around granite outcrop areas around Westonia. Historical gold mining around Bullfinch with many greenstone bedrock areas north and east of Merredin.I farmed around there for many years and recently taken up a bit of walking with a wand. Wish i had done it years earlier.

Latest posts