New to Prospecting (SA)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to PA Peter. Being in crow eater land, like myself, you will certainly have to travel some to get to any prospective gold ground. The only public places here in SA are Jupiter Creek and Mt Crawford, both of which are well and truly practically detected out imho. If you are lucky enough to know any property owners with land in gold producing locations, then that’s your only other avenue here I’m afraid.
Plenty of available Goldfields to our East, West and North to us average punters, so yeah, prepare to travel.
Being new here, you will need 10 posts to avail yourself of the Private Message function,
Cheers.

Welcome to PA Peter. Being in crow eater land, like myself, you will certainly have to travel some to get to any prospective gold ground. The only public places here in SA are Jupiter Creek and Mt Crawford, both of which are well and truly practically detected out imho. If you are lucky enough to know any property owners with land in gold producing locations, then that’s your only other avenue here I’m afraid.
Plenty of available Goldfields to our East, West and North to us average punters, so yeah, prepare to travel.
Being new here, you will need 10 posts to avail yourself of the Private Message function,
Cheers.
Thankyou for the welcome, and thanks for the heads up, first trip to Mt Crawford produced one tiny like very tiny speck of gold, and 2nd trip to Mt Crawford a few weeks ago found some small quartz crystals nice and clear ones, also brought back 10kg of trailings dirt to pan at home, lucky so far, I've found really tiny specks of gold, in 1kg of dirt. Weighing 0.5g of gold. Dirt brought back from chalks

Attachments

• 20240525_200223.jpg
    20240525_200223.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Watts Gully Road. I know we were through the pine forest but looks like a lot of houses out there these days. Be nice to go for a drive through there just to have a look again. I know we walked around and back over a big hill.

I was just out at Watts last week, parked at the big steel gate, walked up the firebreak about 1km then turned into the bush, looking for the two shafts partway up the gully. Found the first, which is fenced off and had a bit of a swing with the 6000. Did very well, finding lots of tiny lead shot but none of the shiny stuff. My theory is that some of that lead could turn into gold, so I dug every one of them.
Didn’t get to the second one, that’s for next trip.
There’s no houses in the forestry fossicking area either, just back along Watts and Deloraine roads.

Latest posts