New Picks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all well my solid swinger handles have really slowed down over the past few months so had to find something else to make and keep me busy so here they are ,The Solid Swiger Pick .
1646726400_pick_1.jpg
1646726424_pick_3_1.jpg
1646726439_pick_3_2.jpg
1646726452_pick_4.jpg

They are made of 4 mil bisalloy steel what they make armor cars from ,handle is spotted gum

Diamentions are Blade is 125 mil wide 290 mil lenth ,Handle is 650 Mil long .
weight is 1.7 kg .

If your interested send me a measage .Pete

That is beautiful excellent materials and design :Y:
can I ask why you don't press the handle receiver slightly oval shaped ?
Would it be worth dripping melting poly or plastic to fill the side void ? Or maybe araldite.

The handle is shaped to the socket and to press the socket in would mean that the handle would have to be thicker and I think it would be uncomfortable the thing you can't see is the steel pin that is welded l don't think a resin filler would make any difference but thanks for the feed back .PP

Looks good Pete. Is the head made of the same stuff that CC picks use?

Some critical feedback:
Agree that the sleeve needs to be shaped to the shaft, maybe a couple cm longer even. After a number of nuggets dug up I can see it developing a side to side wiggle.

The bevel on the back side of the head looks pretty shallow, which creates a thin knife blade kinda edge back there - in my experience, that will get bent outta shape really quick. A less shallow bevel would improve this.

The blade is made of bisalloy one of heads was over bent and they tried to bend it back and couldn't so I don't think you will bend it out of shape , don't know what C C pick are made of so can't elaborate on that. PP

Hi all well my solid swinger handles have really slowed down over the past few months so had to find something else to make and keep me busy so here they are ,The Solid Swiger Pick .
1646726400_pick_1.jpg
1646726424_pick_3_1.jpg
1646726439_pick_3_2.jpg
1646726452_pick_4.jpg

They are made of 4 mil bisalloy steel what they make armor cars from ,handle is spotted gum

Diamentions are Blade is 125 mil wide 290 mil lenth ,Handle is 650 Mil long .
weight is 1.7 kg .

If your interested send me a measage .Pete
Where can I get one of your handles??