New PI from Garrett, Axiom

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suggested to JP that he should take him on a road trip to Meeka via Tib.... JP seemed to like that idea so who knows, that would be an epic trip for sure.

Re your battery question, there is an internal (probably a set of tab spot welded 18650's or a flat pack) and that external AA case slides on underneath and plus in for when the internal is flat.
Wow two septic tanks together and one with maybe more knowledge than JP o_O Now that would be an interesting road trip and probably a lot more than diesel being burnt 🤣🤣

Warren and Colleen take their Axiom's to Tib...

They sure nailed it in the tone frequency, the tone is beautiful!!!!!

My favorite part is where she tells him to STFU she can’t hear cus he’s talking… that’s always been my pet peeve in his vids, he never embraces silence. 🤣

Parts 1 and 2 of 4 are uploaded.. I'll post links to the remaining 2 when I see them go up.

Warren and Colleen take their Axiom's to Tib...

They sure nailed it in the tone frequency, the tone is beautiful!!!!!

My favorite part is where she tells him to STFU she can’t hear cus he’s talking… that’s always been my pet peeve in his vids, he never embraces silence. 🤣

Parts 1 and 2 of 4 are uploaded.. I'll post links to the remaining 2 when I see them go up.

Agree with Warren re that you go to a place like Tibo for the scenery and the atmosphere of the desert and not to get rich quick. Good to see he is always scraping the coil, as not to do so out there will have you miss more than 50% of the gold.

Agree with Warren re that you go to a place like Tibo for the scenery and the atmosphere of the desert and not to get rich quick. Good to see he is always scraping the coil, as not to do so out there will have you miss more than 50% of the gold.
Agree, I love it there..... as a famous person once said "How's the serenity"... although I do seem to recall a certain @WalnLiz breaking that serenity when she dug up Wal's monster nuggy up there eh? People beside me at the cafe in Sydney were asking me what that sound was... LOL

Last edited:
One thing that jumped out at me when he dug his target was that Warren didn’t go full on “Kalgoorlie Super Pit” on his dig hole and subsequently on the little green bush. So many videos we see complete shock & awe of a 4’ round dig hole, nice move Warren… I’m no tree hugger but that was cool the way you so carefully scraped around that obviously baby scrub.

I've never seen this thread before, I guess it's because I've been too busy travelling since the thread started.

Sunday a week back I broke a tooth and had to travel to Meekatharra 115km north on Monday for treatment. On the way I spotted a sign, APLA Camp, so on my return trip I followed the signs and joined APLA Perth prospecting for the following week.

I had just received my GPX6000 back from Minelab with a new control panel and the second replacement 11" coil. On the first day prospecting, Tuesday it crashed on startup just like it had previously. It's done it twice since but is otherwise operating normally.

I was just saying to my brother "I hope Garrett, Whites or somebody pulls their finger out and produces a decent gold detector to compete with Minelab. They need a dam good shakeup. In recent years they have been selling very shoddy products at premium prices. The majority of GPX6000 owners that were sitting around that campfire at night were having or have had serious problems with their GPX6000 detectors. A similar thing happened on the release of the GPZ7000 some years back.

Hopefully this is the start of decent competition to challenge Minelab and give them reason to consider delivering a product worthy of the price. Thank you Garrett.

I made sure I packed the GPX4500 for this trip so that I don't have to borrow a detector again before I get home in a couple of weeks time.

I noticed that Harvey Norman sell some Garrett products, wonder if ythey will get the AXIOIM in as a special order? Might be an affordable way for someone to get 12 months interest free..... just a thought.

I think you'll find that HN's never-ending '12 months interest-free' offer has a number of consumer pitfalls. The buyer is required to open a Latitude credit card account, from which monthly payments are deducted, as well as various account operating fees and charges which make the headline 'interest-free' claim somewhat less of a bargain than it may seem.

I noticed that Harvey Norman sell some Garrett products, wonder if ythey will get the AXIOIM in as a special order? Might be an affordable way for someone to get 12 months interest free..... just a thought.
Most if not all dealers offer some type of finance option now (many with interest free periods but other fees involved) like Afterpay, Zip, Humm & others.
As grubstake says there are some consumer pitfalls involved that people need to look at before jumping into them.

Thinking of getting an Axiom, want to see a few more tests out in the field, but wrong time of year to be out in the gold fields.
I think others are maybe like me, just holding back a little longer.

Otherwise, it'll be a 6000 for sure now that they have fixed the issue's that the 6000 was having.

Thinking of getting an Axiom, want to see a few more tests out in the field, but wrong time of year to be out in the gold fields.
I think others are maybe like me, just holding back a little longer.

Otherwise, it'll be a 6000 for sure now that they have fixed the issue's that the 6000 was having.

Have they fixed the 6000? Mine's not fixed, it's just better than it was and so far the third 11" coil is working fine. I'm satisfied with the tests I've seen on the Axiom. I disappointed that it's being delivered with only one coil when there are six in the range. The small coil will certainly affect its detection depth so don't expect any miracles. You may have to go one size up to compare favorably with the GPX6000.

Latest posts