New Member - Bundaberg QLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just a quick intro post to say Hi. Been perusing over forums for a while gaining info and reading hundreds of posts so figured I should register. My name is Jay and I'm currently based in Bundaberg QLD. Have interest in most forms of "treasure hunting" and hope to search for a variety of things over the coming years. To start off I purchased a Garrett 400i to learn the ropes of detecting, looking for coins and things. Have basic hand equipment ready to head out to Lowmead in a few days to look for some amethyst and smokey quartz. Planning on buying a good gold hunting detector in the next couple months, still researching machines, and also keen to do more gem hunting further North and West looking for saphirees and whatever else I can find eventually making my way to one of the Opal towns and trying my luck with those. Keen for anything and everything in between, planning a couple year treasure hunting adventure now I'm in a position to be able to. Looking forward to learning and sharing experiences also meeting a few people along the way, hopefully speak to some of you soon.

If anyone in Bundy or wide bay region is keen to do anything locally in the foreseeable future hit me up. Keen to do stuff at Lowmead, prospecting for whatever, wherever, detecting missions etc. I'm not experienced but researching like my life depended on it, anyway sorry for the long intro!

Jay

You'll fit in well here J Treasure
1522927679_bundy.jpg

Hi J,
I'm in Bundy, got an SDC2300 and looking to get out and about.
Mostly looking for that yellow stuff.
I don't think many of the gold areas up here are good for detecting as it mostly seems to be in hard rock..
Still researching though.
Might have to take a trip up to clermont.

Latest posts