New hunting grounds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been flat out since Easter and haven't had a chance to get out but today was the day.
I was given a tip-off last year from an old fellow that had seen me detecting early one morning and he came over and initiated a conversation. At the time, in my arrogance, I thought, "oh God, here we go" however he was full of information about "old town Brisbane" and told me two spots I should try. Turns out he was on the money and I have wished him a big thank you this afternoon.I spent the afternoon at one of the locations and to say I'm happy is an understatement.
13 pre dec coins, the highlights being a 1903 six pence and a 1927 florin.
the by-catch was just under $40 in spendables, a silver ring and a very old bottle opener. The good news is this place is huge. I would have covered one tenth of it maybe less. I'm happy to share if anyone in Brisbane wants to meet up for a hunt.
Cheers

1430028573_2015-04-26_15.36.46.jpg

1430028603_2015-04-26_15.36.00.jpg

Good hunting mate. You've got me interested in 'old Brisbane' . I have a fair idea as i have lived here now for 21 yrs and have a pretty good knowledge of the city layout.
I might catch up with you when i'm physically able to and have a hunt.
Jaros :p

Latest posts