New .... from the Sunshine Coast.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ........
My name IS Pedro, 75 years young and still actively prospecting - when I can !
Am a relative newchum as have only been prospecting/detecting for a few years, about seven yearsif I remember correctly.
Mostly the first four years or so, from Weipa FNQ, the last two years from the Sunshine Coast - Caloundra.

Originally started off with a Minelab SD2000 on the recommendation of a younger brother from Charters Towers,
took nine months to find my first nugget [a fine 0.26 gram!] in the NQ Cape River area.
Subsequently bought another SD2000 as a spare, as we [myself, Brother Two and Brother Four] only detected in
remote areas - repairs were not an option in the remoteness of these stations.

Brother Two later became interested and bought that second SD2000 - second trip out with it, to a station north of Pentland
he found around $20K of nuggets, including a lovely 15 ounce solid piece !
On that same trip, using identical SD2000 machines and in the same period of time and camped together -
I found my FIRST piece - the o.26 grammer [mentioned above] ! Sometimes life sucks ................

However, we have a trip agreement if two bros. are detecting, ANY SINGLE find over 2 ounces is shared -
and if three bros. detect together - anything single [even specimen finds] over 3 ounces is shared equally.
We all three got $5K each ........... life didn't suck after all !!

Again, ended up getting a third SD2000 as a spare and subsequently modified [together with Brother Two's SD]
by Ismael Jones in WA - best move ever .............

Brothers Two and Four have subsequently moved on to GPX5000's - with great success.

Not yet being in a position to do the same I acquired yet another SD2000 - Ismael Jones highly modified personal unit.
This has yielded me many fine nuggets, bottle tops, horse-shoes, pick-axe and shovel heads, barbed wire, nails, an old
flat iron, hundreds of projectiles and cartridges, sardine cans, baked bean cans, spurs, a cut-throat razor,
a billion boot-tacks, a billion can-tabs and cans ............. and a fine 435 gram nugget !!!! Thanks, Ismael ..........
Brother Four shared in this ...... Brother Two was not there this time, but we did look after him !
Long story there - for some other time.

Later a heart operation, eye operationS, [prostate] radio beam therapy, etc ..... put paid to my detecting
for twelve months or so, but now back on me feets again [I hope] - have done a couple of exploratory trips to Talgai
near Warwick for no result [yet] and am soonly off to Clermont for, hopefully, a few weeks of productive prospecting.

Anyway, that's a brief history my prospecting life so far ............

Pedro .............

PS - Oney Bros 1[me,] 2 and for 4 are prospectors ....... Bro3 thinks we are weird to go bush like we do !!

Sounds like you have had some great adventures, welcome back and good luck at Clermont.

A cracker of a story with great finds and a family playing together Glad you are mended and getting back into it Pedro. Welcome aboard the Gold Fever Train, All Aboard.
Cheers
Mackka

G'day Pedro, I plan on going out to Warwick to have a scout about, not sure when, but if I do find anything I will be sure to share my discovery and if I can pin point the location I will let you know.
Cheers

Latest posts