New Fisher Impulse Gold Nugget Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been following the new Impulse Fisher gold nugget machine closely, sounds like it may be a very usable machine for us. With some new tech. It has a dual channel circuit which will help eliminate detection holes, custom built circuit to be very low low noise, will have solid coils, very lightweight machine, run time will be around 6 hrs on the nugget version, Timing will be adjustable down to very fast timing, between 2.5 and 5 usec. To be determined in the next month with a prototype on the ground now. The Impulse beach version which is already in the hands of the public has variable timing down to 7 usec, the impulse gold will have a very broad auto ground tracking method for GB.

The new impulse gold detector has a goal of hitting a 1/2 grain nugget in prototype testing, if they use the hoped for 2.5 to 5 usec timing I expect to see Gold Bug 2 tiny gold detection, down to maybe 1/4 grain, this is very useful in chasing vein gold. Also very tiny nuggets and deep gram size gold. They are also claiming a lot of power to the coil, so it might be a depth monster as well on deep gold, time will tell. Being lightweight will be a big plus to me, and the fast timing ability will seperate this machine from the rest for sure.

I don't think pricing will hurt its sales, Fisher is not Minelab. I suspect the price will be around 1500-2000 US. Minelab wants part of your future finds when it prices a new detector.

In the USA this will probably be far more accurate, and my initial comment wasnt meant as a reflection on that.

For whatever reason the Fisher models offered out here (Aus) are always quite expensive, and if the new model peaks over $3000 AUD then its going to be a tough sell. We will have to wait and see.

Anyone doing a side by side search of price on Fishers in both countries will quickly see what I mean.

I certainly would love to try more Fisher products, The two F75s Ive had (older model, newer version) have been super, and I still rate them over both models of the Nox (800 & 600) in parks for depth, descrimination, stability and ease of use.

But when a new F75 comes in over the price of a brand new Nox 800, wont go on the beach and still has 4xAA to run it, then price will hurt it.

Anyway, different market for Fishers with this offering, if someone can be persuaded to put enough time and detail on its results I will be watching on with interest.

Besides the nugget pi in the works with Fisher, there is supposed to be a new multi freq simultanious Fisher coin/jewelry detector on the way soon. Kinda late in the game but if it works it will be welcomed.

I have been following the new Impulse Fisher gold nugget machine closely, sounds like it may be a very usable machine for us. With some new tech. It has a dual channel circuit which will help eliminate detection holes, custom built circuit to be very low low noise, will have solid coils, very lightweight machine, run time will be around 6 hrs on the nugget version, Timing will be adjustable down to very fast timing, between 2.5 and 5 usec. To be determined in the next month with a prototype on the ground now. The Impulse beach version which is already in the hands of the public has variable timing down to 7 usec, the impulse gold will have a very broad auto ground tracking method for GB.

The new impulse gold detector has a goal of hitting a 1/2 grain nugget in prototype testing, if they use the hoped for 2.5 to 5 usec timing I expect to see Gold Bug 2 tiny gold detection, down to maybe 1/4 grain, this is very useful in chasing vein gold. Also very tiny nuggets and deep gram size gold. They are also claiming a lot of power to the coil, so it might be a depth monster as well on deep gold, time will tell. Being lightweight will be a big plus to me, and the fast timing ability will seperate this machine from the rest for sure.
gorgeous little coil love my Limited--a real powerhouse with some disc.
cjc

Attachments

• IMG_4491.jpg
    IMG_4491.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0