new chum

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
gidday everyone and what a great site nugget, iv learnt so much reading through the countless posts here. Im new to gold mining however i did mine opal in the 90's for three years, and must say that was the best part of my life. I found $250,000 worth plus a rare fossil, best stone made $8400 and about the size of a thumb nail. Boy it was pretty. But it was the lifestyle that had me, most miners are a cheerful lot and the dream of a big find gets you up in the morning. I got back from my first visit in 15 years to the ridge last week, and nearly pegged a claim! Went down my old holes and dug around reliving my memorys, its amazing how long we live and to make the most of our time. But common sence and old age 47! Sent me home and thinking of something a little ezeyer like gold mining.
So i hope to have a walbanker next week and hit them hills for i hear the call of gold, i used to hear opal once too,:).

Welcome to the forum dezman, sounds " like all Opal Miners" that you've enjoyed a colorful and adventurous past mate. The call for gold can be as addictive as the Opal with the added advantage of taking your adventure all over this great land of ours.

Hope the forum shines some light on the info you will need to become successful. Best of luck on the shiny metal and look forward to sharing the adventures.

Cheers Wal. :)

Welcome aboard dezman!

Nice to share a bit of the Ridge with a fellow member. There's a thread here on the Ridge if you'd ever like to share your opal story with us all.

And if you're ever up this way again feel free to give me a yell anytime. I may even see you around the goldfields by the sounds of your new gold influences :)

All the best out there!
Kindest regards,
Shauno.

welcome Dezman looking forward to seeing some of the Gold you find - not to mention some of your opal finds of the past.

Latest posts