Neville Perry

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering just yesterday what happened to Neville & Mick Clark after they just vanished off Aussie Gold Hunters.

Got the feeling the Govt was never going to let them dig German Gully.

Maybe we will all find out what has transpired.

The producer of the gold hunters show mentioned it was historical diggings and from that every department you can think of stepped in and had to put there point-of-view into what is and isn't allowed to happen. If he didn't go on the tv show he could have be happily mining the paddock.

Will be an interesting viewing.Totally unfair that you can’t dig on your own land.
I can remember when a man at Talbot vic put a deep ripper around all his trees and they went after him also, but he was very quick to tell them it was so dry around his trees he said it will help the water go down to the tree roots when it rained, if you could scrape 2 metres of the surface over a large area there would be another detector gold rush, it will get to a point minelab won't be selling any detectors as all the first 2ft good gold has already been found in forrest land only match head size left nowadays

I was wondering just yesterday what happened to Neville & Mick Clark after they just vanished off Aussie Gold Hunters.

Got the feeling the Govt was never going to let them dig German Gully.

Maybe we will all find out what has transpired.
Hello fwdoz: and Members

I had Neville Perry ring me last night, and he asked me if I could tell members of Aussie gold forums to watch A Current Affair tonight.

He is hoping to get everyone’s opinions of the story tonight, he said he was told that Government Departments will be watching the reaction of the prospecting and mining industry on forums like this tomorrow etc.

Nev has been driven into the ground on this matter, he has been fighting them tooth and nail all the way, as he knows he has a fortune in gold sitting there under his own land.

Contrary to what some have stated on the forum in the past, there was no Historic or Heritage Titles over any of the divided blocks. I have proof here that shows a small study had been carried out, but nothing was ever agreed on, or followed up any further. It was left to sit, among many many other studies that were done elsewhere.

Some ambitious Shire Councillor had a sign erected on the side of the road many years ago to say it was an Historic area with no detecting allowed. Maybe the previous owner Colin Flett, was tired of trespassers jumping the fence??

But all the action started well after Nev had purchased the whole of the properties for sale, Nev and his partner Mick applied for a 5 Ha, mining claim on the North end of the property, after many hurdles and hoops and a heap of money, this was finally granted. They had all the necessary documents from each Department signed and sealed, (Including Heritage Victoria’s OK).

The boys worked their legal Mining Licence as they could, but when they pegged another large claim that’s when it all started.

This over-the-top treatment has taken a big toll on Nev and Mick, they both have Cancer problems now over the last 12 months, both stressed out to the hilt. We all should remember that the gold income was theirs’s and their Families livings.

Both have Children, how do you make ends meet without the gold coming in? How do you pay your bills and keep going for years?

To add insult to injury, Heritage Victoria has taken legal action against them, for carrying out the work done on their granted Mining Licence Area. How can they do that?? This stinks!!

I hope you all watch the show tonight, and comment on your thoughts about it tomorrow on the Forum.

Best Regards to all Members; ossiegold: John C.

Everyone knew that german gully was or was supposed to be historical diggings and was protected as way back into,the 19 nineties and so he knew the risk when he bought the land , as the saying goes buyer beware, i wish him luck as he’ll need it when dealing with local and state goverments👍

Maybe he could have a large swimming pool -inground of course-then have the dug soil placed to the side and check it at his own leisure. Expensive test though.

100% They want to lock it up ? No issue, but at the very least pay him it's worth?
No consistency, some places deem the holes a danger and to be filled it, then same thing in a different location the "hole in the ground" is claimed to have historical value and cannot be touched? But the point still remains is that he does own it which sadly nowadays amounts to nothing :mad:

Last edited:
The producer of the gold hunters show mentioned it was historical diggings and from that every department you can think of stepped in and had to put there point-of-view into what is and isn't allowed to happen. If he didn't go on the tv show he could have be happily mining the paddock.
As always, a very astute comment from Dean.

And what's more, the frustrating part is that it appears that the mining was all being done legally and by the book.

The papers when he purchased the property said he had the right to mine. But it seems that paper is worthless when you have to deal with beaureaucratic red tape.

He was made to jump through hoops just to get approval to dig the first part. Makes you wonder the deals done behind closed doors & hidden agendas.

Any legal case will just get drawn out. Rather sad that people are treated this way.

Gone are the days where written authorisation was 100% binding.

My takeaways from the Current Affair story:
- Grossly unfair to Neville (based on what he presented as fact). No consistency across other sites, seems to have gained traction there because of the publicity of being on AGH.
- Bit cautious of the question of "why my private property & why not the public land" though. Consistency is what's needed based on valid heritage reasoning like oldest diggings, significant history, public access & relevant learning value from them etc.
Just to say leave private land alone & put the orders over the public diggings opens up a whole other can of worms (for those with only public land access). Fair & valid appraisal of heritage value should apply to all lands with fair compensation to private landholders where well considered & scrutinised heritage values have been met.

Double edged sword IMO.

Very sad issue I use to watch the show on fox but don’t have it on any more and loved the show, I thought they had it essayed to a value of 25 million worth why don’t they pay them out

Latest posts