My first find with the Minelab Gold Monster

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
....yesterday I got out to a spot with a couple of mates, primarily to look for gemstones. They wanted to try a spot near some old diggings, but I found myself down near a creek with a bit of water in it, and turned on the Gold Monster for a bit. Found this piece of gold and ironstone (about the same diameter as $2 coin) under a good-sized rock in the bottom of the creek. Stoked!!!

Phil

1629681833_20210822_195647.jpg

Phil8303 said:
Thanks guys! Yep, this one is going straight to the pool room. I can't wait to get back and check out the rest of the creek again soon! :Y:

Just don't leave it too long, Phil. If one of your mates starts talking about what he saw you find and word spreads, that creek will look like a WW1 battlefield in no time.

grubstake said:
Phil8303 said:
Thanks guys! Yep, this one is going straight to the pool room. I can't wait to get back and check out the rest of the creek again soon! :Y:

Just don't leave it too long, Phil. If one of your mates starts talking about what he saw you find and word spreads, that creek will look like a WW1 battlefield in no time.

Yeh, I've heard of blokes chatting over a beer at the pub and whole areas being cleaned out by the next morning.

Latest posts