Moranbah Diamonds

Reaction score
BrisJoe said:
I was wondering if anybody has found any Moranbah diamonds?
Now that I live up here, I intend to find a few.

I went looking yesterday in several places that 1 of my local mates said they are found but all I could find was notjing but iron rocks as far as the eye can see.

Anybody who has had a go got any tips?

Hay joe I'm living in Moranbah would you have any info of were I might find some Moranbah diamonds

Reaction score
Hay joe how's things. Not shore if you can help me but would you be willing to tell me we're I can find some Moranbah diamonds it would be much appreciated cheers

Reaction score
Gday Wilson, welcome to the forum.

Try Wally's advice above. Also, take note of what sorts of things are lying on the ground. I read earlier in this thread about petrified wood. It has been established that igneous processes are not necessary for the fossilization of wood to occur. Having said that, the geology of eastern QLD is very heavily igneous-derived and there can be a relationship. The gravel banks of parts of the Fitzroy river near Rockhampton are a mass of both petrified wood and waterworn quartz occurring together, including waterworn quartz crystals.

If you start seeing things like petrified wood, chalcedonies/agates, chunks of quartz etc, I'd be paying the ground close attention in that spot. Doesn't mean the Moranbah diamonds will definitely be there but if I see stuff like that lying on the ground, I always slow down for a good look.

Reaction score
1642542079_6d41b032-c921-4c3a-8868-4061ce849ff8.jpg

1642542080_43214061-5d86-465c-883d-f73a0b549971.jpg

One I found 40 yrs ago

Latest posts