Modern detecting in California's fabled motherlode country

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff Grubstake. Love how it confirms what I have always believed in that there is no perfect detector. The different detectors just tools in the tool box made very obvious by how many loaded in truck and in fact carried into the field with them. May be food for thought for those that sell the so called old one to get a new one 🤔

I couldn't get over how the old bloke relies on the Gold Monster's discriminator because of all the nails and tacks. If I was going to take such a risky 'don't dig every target' approach, I'd certainly be using something with a more sophisticated discriminator than the Gold Monster, maybe an Eq800. But given the rough specimen pieces they seem to be finding, I reckon the old boy has got to be leaving some behind.

I reckon at his age it's gold just the fact he can still get out there. Good combo being a young gunnie to look after him and young fella gets his wisdom and experience to aid the hunt. ;) 👍 Nothing steepens the learning curve more than advice from those who have been doing it for decades along with those who are local and know the land your looking on. Certainly gives one a good head start in the search .;)👍

Latest posts