WA prospector death and missing wife. The Raymond & Jennie Kehlet mystery.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anniegee said:
diggit said:
Just a matter of time before charges are laid imho

I'm not an "armchair legal eagle" so just wondering if anyone can please enlighten me about the "Certificate of Immunity"?

https://www.alrc.gov.au/publication...t-of-self-incrimination-in-other-proceedings/
Because this is an inquest and not a trial, if the coroner asked him "did you kill them?" and he replied "Yes!" that admission could not be used against him if it does go to trial.

ie: if it went to trial and they asked him "did you kill them?" and he said "no!" they can't bring into evidence anything he said or admitted to at the inquest

An earlier report indicated that a witness had come forward having seen Mr. Milne stopped on the side of a road and had pulled up to offer assistance. They indicated Mr. Milne seemed agitated and waved them on. (DWAG forum)
Maybe this is where this new evidence was located.

I just hope this comes to an early outcome. These cases that just drag on and on only bring heart ache to to many people. And the guilty seem to just go on walking the streets for to long before justice is done. I do not know this family but feel for there family all the same.

The Coroner's findings were released today.

1621570838_kehlet.jpg

The full story is here:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05...quest-finds-raymond-kehlet-murdered/100156056

Wow time flies and still no closure for the family in 6 years. :( Let's hope it's not too late to get to the bottom of this mystery.

They haven’t given up on the family at all. The case is still open and on going. They have a suspect, but you can’t charge someone without evidence.
It makes for a good mystery, I stayed at the Sandstone caravan park for a while once and sitting around the campfire with some locals it was the favourite topic, heard some interesting theories. Yeh that Milne guy would be sweating, always looks suss when someone does something out of the ordinary like leave their campsite in middle of the night to go back to Perth dodging roos, cattle and camels in the middle of the night at about the same time they were killed.
Hopefully they can either ping him or prove innocence, for the kids sake.

Latest posts