Missing Prospectors & other Persons (WA) Western Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully he is OK, we've had some pretty tough conditions of late with the extreme heat and bush fires. It does seem the guy has some sort survival skills so hopefully he can keep himself alive until rescued.

And the reason may be a gps some friends of mine made the mistake of relying on a gps and they didnt realise their detector was interfering with it and it sent them off in the wrong direction
It always pays to note landmarks and not put your life in the hands of an electrical device use them as a help but do not rely on them
i Have a gps and use it in the triangle i marked the position of my car and then when i went to travel back i wiped the position of the car not a smart move i learnt my lesson

the latest update is they found a camp near water but he wasnt there

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/vi...72c85/sos-message-delivers-hope/thewest_news/

grubstake said:
And now there's a Victorian prospector gone missing between Leonora and Laverton: https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/27004933/fears-for-missing-prospector/

Bloody hell, thats just not cricket and just another saddening story.....I mean, what is wrong with these guys?

I dont wish to sound harsh, but has common sense gone out the window today because of the yellow fever?

This is the sort of thing that will have the authorities saying, "We are spending way beyond our budget on search and rescue operations for lost gold prospectors"

No more......banned in WA?

Ofcourse i hope and pray they are all found safe and alive but where does the madness stop?

Sorry grub, Im just both upset and angry.

Thanks for sharing mate! ;)

Metamorphic said:
grubstake said:
And now there's a Victorian prospector gone missing between Leonora and Laverton: https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/27004933/fears-for-missing-prospector/

Bloody hell, thats just not cricket and just another saddening story.....I mean, what is wrong with these guys?

I dont wish to sound harsh, but has common sense gone out the window today because of the yellow fever?

This is the sort of thing that will have the authorities saying, "We are spending way beyond our budget on search and rescue operations for lost gold prospectors"

Ofcourse i hope and pray they are all found safe and alive but where does the madness stop?

I certainly hope not, but this is beginning to sound like something out of Wolf Creek...... shite!

Metamorphic said:
grubstake said:

You and me both, Meta. There were 9 lost in 2013 alone and 22 between 2012 and mid-2014, as mentioned in this article last year: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-...ed-to-save-prospectors-in-was-outback/5532068

It's getting like the Bermuda Triangle up there!

Hehe it sure is mate!

Could it be somewhere out there roams a psychopathic maniac with a gpz7000, or are they all just school teachers from Perth who buy a detector and think its like coin shooting in the local neighborhood park?

Frightening stats grub!

;)

Just hoping John Jimenez who just went missing near Laverton gets found OK as well. Some pretty inhospitable areas around that region and complacency can bight you in the bum in a big way very easily.... :(

For those planning the usual winter trips over that way take extra care, as more and more venture there each year from the Eastern States not knowing just how dangerous it can be compared to populated areas back home.

Jaros said:

In their enthusiasm, they seem to have overlooked the short endurance and limited control range of commercial drones, which would be restricted to the immediate vicinity of searchers. This might be acceptable along the coast or somewhere like the Blue Mountains, but if I was lost in real outback country, I'd much prefer a helicopter or fixed wing aircraft was looking for me.

I think we had a murder down three doors from us this morning at Sebastopol.Three police cars there for hours.Hope it was not too serious.

oldtimerROB said:
I think we had a murder down three doors from us this morning at Sebastopol.Three police cars there for hours.Hope it was not too serious.
One could only hope hey ! :eek:

Latest posts