Minelab SD or GP?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Been looking at a few second hand detectors and I think I’m in between the SD2100 and the GP extreme.After a bit of advice please.Thanks in advance.

Hey Sauce,
Both were good detectors in their day and revolutionalised gold metal detecting as we know it today.
The Extreme is the later model and had improvements over the 2100 for sure.

May I ask what your budget is, because you may be surprised what you could get hold of with just a few more bucks??

This is some good reading:
https://www.detectorprospector.com/...differences-between-minelab-sd-gp-gpx-models/

Hey mate,
Thanks for your reply.I guess the budget can be $2500 but was thinking can I get a proven gold finder for a cheaper price without having to spend the extra $$$.At the end of the day am I wasting my time and money if I purchase less than a 4500?

Hey guys,
Been looking at a few second hand detectors and I think I’m in between the SD2100 and the GP extreme.After a bit of advice please.Thanks in advance.
I would definitely shoot for the 4500.
Having used many previous models it wasn't until i got a 4500 i started to have more reliable results. It would have its challenges if you are a beginner just as they all do but unlike some previous models they run far more stable and provide more advanced technology to suit an array of conditions ,coils and gold size.
Learning all about it when you have one is part of the fun , and it keeps you busy when you are stuck at home.
Hope your find yourself a bargain.
Gaz

Latest posts