Minelab Gold Monster 1000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow, nice piece Rockhunter62
Do you find you rely on the discrimination or just dig everything?
Most reports I have read say run in max sensitivity not auto.

LORD said:
Oh wow, nice piece Rockhunter62
Do you find you rely on the discrimination or just dig everything?
Most reports I have read say run in max sensitivity not auto.

Hi Lord,

I was running on full auto and deep/all metal. Dug every signal as I was seeing what it could do. As I said I went over the area with the SDC and found nothing else so I was happy with how it went. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

I have been out twice now and found lots of bits of metal. If I am getting hot rocks, if I keep waving over the area will the sounds reduce as it balances to the ground?
Thanks
Adrian

Never rely on the discrimination ...Ive found many deep gold targets silent in discrimination mode .. if your In goldfields you dig every target even in trashy ground.... theres no worse feeling in seeing your mate dig a target you left thinking its trash ...only to see him dig up the trash then to find under the trash was a juicy 18 gramer?...
These machines are metal detectors not gold detectors .. its up to to decide if its gold or not....gold comes in all shapes and sizes ..every peice will detect different
I tend to use my big coil to locate gold then change to the smaller coil to clean out the smaller pieces ....
Small coil works good in washouts and tight gullys ...
both coils I run manual 10 sensitivity NO ground balance what so ever
If you want to run your machine in full auto just to keep your machine quiet in hot ground then I absolutely guarantee you miss targets...
A good target is repeatable from all angles BUT dont rely on the discrimination OR the indicator display....IT WILL LIE

Ben Digo said:
Dignit said:
Who is using the Gold Monster in the Vic GT?
I have one but no luck at all with it. On the other hand my 4500 is very effective :)
Ben Dingo
What settings do you run, and how do you find it on highly mineralised ground?
Im considering one for my wife as a starter detector. Shes used my 4500 effectively. Plenty of targets but no gold. Cant afford another 4500 or SDC, but also dont want to waste $990 on the Monster should it not handle the mineralised Vic GT.
Cheers

clint3 said:
It handles the ground here ok ive found plenty of gold with it
Thanks clint3. Congrats on the 5.2 grammar you found with it. Do you run it like Maccatuna suggests, or other?
What settings do you find work best in Beaufort?
I was up there with my wife a couple of weeks ago and found plenty of loud hot rocks with the 4500 and 12 Evo. No gold, but only did a couple of hours.
Cheers

Hi dignit.....
Ground mineralization changes from meter to meter....its hard to pinpoint settings to suit certain locations....even temperatures and moisture content of the ground can result in different settings u use....
Listen and learn your machine to determine settings for the conditions you are faced with...
Also...depth, gold type and size will determine settings

Do any of you guys rake an area before swinging the GM? Just wondering how much a layer of leaves impacts the GMs abilities.