Minelab Gold Monster 1000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bend said:
does alright in high mineralisation if you break the ground up a bit first. a cultivator a rake and a bit of hot ground got me seven pieces this morning
im in WA, where Its not uncommon to walk over a hundred acres or so at a time. scraping the surface is something I do after finding a signal

Ded Driver said:
bend said:
does alright in high mineralisation if you break the ground up a bit first. a cultivator a rake and a bit of hot ground got me seven pieces this morning
im in WA, where Its not uncommon to walk over a hundred acres or so at a time. scraping the surface is something I do after finding a signal

Fair call, and like wise mostly. I'll take a bit of time to rake over a likely looking patch of ground and give it another go if there was patch close by though personally

Ded Driver said:
bend said:

Fair call, and like wise mostly. Im in the triangle myself, not quite as much unexplored ground. I'll take a bit of time to rake over a likely looking patch of ground and give it another go if there was patch close by though personally

Dignit said:
Anaconda have the Gold Monster on sale this week at $879.20. A good time to get one.

Hi Andy,

Carol has never liked the Gold Monster. Having got used to the SDC it feels like you are going backwards to use the GM. Yes they are different types of detectors and a lot of dollars between the two. If your wife has used your GPX before she might not take to the GM. Might pay to get hold of one to she if it will suit before you buy one. Just our thoughts.

Cheers

Doug and Carol

Thanks Doug and Carol. Appreciate you letting me know that. Its sensible advice. As tempting as it is at the Anaconda price Ill hold off for now and see if I can give one a try. Trust you are both well. Cheers Andy

Fantastic thread this one, been contemplating getting a GM for some time now and finally bit the bullet today, looking forward to getting out and getting some hours on it.
Does anyone use the standard 10x6 coil much to find a good area or pretty much just stick with the 5" coil?

Yeah I use both coils ..both do a great job on small gold...use the small coil to search those spots other coils cant...that's your advantage with the small coil..its a great machine ..

Its arrived, new addition to the minelab family lol

1560238090_20190611_153123-3830x1862.jpg

Sweet....persistence and you will be rewarded...dont forget to clip that cable in below that battery retainer..

Nice Lord, I got mine in the post at the moment should be here by the weekend... :Y: Thanks maccatuna for posting your results with this machine, some really nice gold there mate. I did see a monster pull a few nice little pieces out last week, they seem like a great little vlf.

Goldpin Prospecting said:
Thank you for this thread, it only makes me more certain I want to purchase a GM 100.
The only issue is living where no gold is present really sucks, its an hr or two drive to the nearest detectable places 8.(
haha you have it easy. In WA most people (except the few die-hards) live within 100km of the coast & its a 7-8hr drive to Gold Fields ... even further if ya wana go to the northern fields (Murchison-Pilbara)

Latest posts