Minelab Gold monster 1000 beeps in mid air and is very unstable

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day Jake here I would love some help please from you guy. I've had this Detector (Gold Monster 1000) for a while now but I still can't get any info on why it keeps chirping and beeping on basically any bit of ground. I know how to ground balance and all but I put it on auto 2 and it works pretty good but I want to start running it in manual 9 but all I get is beeping over and over on the ground everywhere, it's saying iron iron iron and when I pump up and down to ground balance it's just constantly beeping then I walk 2 meters and try again and its the same. Hell, I even move it in the air and it beeps. I thought the ground might be too mineralized because I live near Bendigo and here it's just full of hot iron ground, but no I tested it in my backyard, and still the same so yeah I have 0 clues what to do. Thank you so much for reading and I would immensely appreciate any pointers or fixes Thank you.

Jake.

Every monster I have seen never shut up, owners tell me to find gold watch the dial and listen for a sound like rubbing a balloon and yes I've seen them find plenty.
Watch some utube and see if their monsters sound like yours.
Personally I can't own one because I would wrap it around a tree repeatedly until it went quite.
They are great machines tried and proven.

Google 'gold monster 1000 hot rocks' Australia seems to be hot rock central, just gotta turn it down, not ideal but it is what it is, this is where the 2300 shines, A piece of small test gold in a bag helps a lot, just throw it down when it's showing conflicting squawks, at the end of the day dig everything.

I had mine from new and was exactly the same as what you describe... But for me it was down to the soil/rocks. Once I learnt the sharp "whip" sound of lead/gold it didn't bother me so much. Just the nature of the beast!
My best advice would be head for an area that you know has gold in pipe clay.
YouTube LDC gold. Keep hammering prospecting and vogus prospecting.
All have great tips on how to use this detector.

On a side note I had my GM for 12 months and found nothing but lead shot. Got fed up and sold it for 600.
Got a gpx4500 and second time out found a half Grammer on ironstone.
:)

G'day Jake here I would love some help please from you guy. I've had this Detector (Gold Monster 1000) for a while now but I still can't get any info on why it keeps chirping and beeping on basically any bit of ground. I know how to ground balance and all but I put it on auto 2 and it works pretty good but I want to start running it in manual 9 but all I get is beeping over and over on the ground everywhere, it's saying iron iron iron and when I pump up and down to ground balance it's just constantly beeping then I walk 2 meters and try again and its the same. Hell, I even move it in the air and it beeps. I thought the ground might be too mineralized because I live near Bendigo and here it's just full of hot iron ground, but no I tested it in my backyard, and still the same so yeah I have 0 clues what to do. Thank you so much for reading and I would immensely appreciate any pointers or fixes Thank you.
Hello Jake. Greetings from Bulgaria! Black sand may have entered the coil. Wrap insulation tape around the side of the coil. Good luck!

Attachments

• GM 1000.jpg
    GM 1000.jpg
    948.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts