Massive Lithium Solar Generators

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RR, What are you blokes running in the UK to need so much back up? What does a set up like yours set you back?
We have two Engels running on the back of the ute and facilities to charge detectors, radios etc. All this survives with 1 X 110AGM (second battery in 14 years) charged by vehicle alternator while mobile, 200W solar when stationary.
Looks like they take up a lot of valuable space, or is this a double unit?Bluetti.jpg

Last edited:
RR, What are you blokes running in the UK to need so much back up? What does a set up like yours set you back?
We have two Engels running on the back of the ute and facilities to charge detectors, radios etc. All this survives with 1 X 110AGM (second battery in 14 years) charged by vehicle alternator while mobile, 200W solar when stationary.
Looks like they take up a lot of valuable space, or is this a double unit?View attachment 2944
It's the Lack of Sunlight that is the main problem,

I only use mine when I go away which is normally 2 or 3 times a month, But my Brother is trying to run his 2 storey house from them, I think he jump the gun a bit because in the first place he should of bought more Solar Not a second SoGen and half way through me explaining that to him within an hour or so he bought the big 2400wh SoGen, Trouble is He has 2x 260w panels and on bad Sun Days they won't make enough power to charge 2x 1800wh SoGens, So he jumped in and bought the 2400 as a backup while he gets to charge the others, Well that didn't work coz his other half keeps draining that watching the 48" TV all day, So then last week he bought 2x 300w 24v panels, One turned up smashed so he had to wait for a replacement, Now he's got them setup and is getting 2 and a 1/2 SoGens charged on a Good Sun Day but he won't set the 2 spare 260w panels up in the yard or link them all to over power the feed on bad Solar Days, So I have given up and let him do it his way, and he refuses to charge them in an emergancy from the Wall Wort.

I went down a differant route, I first bought my ULP Genny about 3 or 4 years ago before buying any of this other stuff because I didn't trust SoGens, Since then I bought a couple of 100/120w folding panels for use in the Van which can be linked depending which SoGen needs charging, During this time I have worked out the fastest ways how I can charge them, All I did was buy one of the factory bigger chargers to plug in the Genny on rainy days and it cost me about 200 bucks all up, And I can charge all of them from the Van while Travelling So I got 3 or 4 ways to charge them up, My Brother went for all out power, I went for charging options, I spent around $2000 including buying the SoGen, Panels and Charger, My Brother has spent about$7500++ and rising, his setup is a long way from being sorted, where I could power my home from one SoGen, but my bother's other half won't ease up on the power and big TV's really cane the system drawing about 75w+ an hour.

I have gone away camping for 4 days In winter with very little Sun using a 512wh / 40A SoGen and a 120w panel running the fridge, TV at night coz it gets dark at around 4 or 5pm and a electric heater, charging phones and SATNAVs etc, If done right then you can do a heck of a lot with one of these little packs,

Lots of Sunshine here today, 37/38* and tomorrow they are saying 40*++ 😍😍😍

It's 27* and its only 20 past 9 in the morning, :cool:

Todays Weather.jpg

Same same NJ and camp up for weeks at a time, run everything and unless heavy overcast days two or three days in a row never run out of power ? Personally WA and FNQ areas practical to run a house on solar but for areas renowned for overcast weather, I probably wouldn't even attempt it personally, as the fuels just not there to do it with ?
Looks like they take up a lot of valuable space, or is this a double unit?View attachment 2944

Same same NJ and camp up for weeks at a time, run everything and unless heavy overcast days two or three days in a row never run out of power ? Personally WA and FNQ areas practical to run a house on solar but for areas renowned for overcast weather, I probably wouldn't even attempt it personally, as the fuels just not there to do it with ?
In cloudier climes if a person is going to go the solar route I have found that you can disregard all your dreams and expectations because that is never going to happen,

By changing to low wattage items I can get away with a lot less Solar and smaller SoGens than what a person might think they need, I have the Huge SoGen but I can get by with using 1 or 2 smaller SoGens and still achieve what most people do using a larger setup, where with the larger SoGen I can go away for about 8 to 10 days before it needs chargingwith the smaller ones I just top them up every 2 days or so using a 120w panel and I am good for a couple more days and if I am travelling then it never drops below 100%,

Having big battery power just does not work because when they have drained down it takes a long time to top them back up on cloudy days, If I am running just 12v items then the Dometic PLB 40 is the best SoGen to have because using the standard charging setup beit Cigar socket while travelling or Solar or the wall wort It charges the quickest, But with the big one Now I have the bigger factory charger it can fully charge in under 4 hours from flat.

The key to buying the right one is to match the charging abilities of the SoGen to the Sun Hours you've got available, On a Blue sky day with a lot of white cloud I can charger up 2x 512wh SoGens using a 120w panel if I discharge the SoGens down to 40% SOC.

Anyone interested in these Bluetti Lithium Packs In Australia they have had all sorts of huge Specials right across the entire range,

This Video was posted by John Cadogan 9 days ago so it might still be On,

God he is hard to watch and listen to....I couldn't get through it. Dooood.
So was it any good or not?

God he is hard to watch and listen to....I couldn't get through it. Dooood.
So was it any good or not?
Yes It is, Apart from the Giant one I also have the next one down from the one in the video call the AC50s which is great for charging ya cordless tools away from home or power etc and running ya 4b fridge for a couple of day depending on the Ambient Temp, and ya phones and computers etc and it has the best Light / lamp on the back of it which can be used to light the camper or a tent etc,

It's just a great Grab N Go pack and worth having around.

Last edited:
I have 8x330 watt panels, 4x300ah deep cycle lead/acid batteries and a 6kva diesel genny. I run all my appliances ( which are all household items) and can weld or run any of my power tools.

I have 8x330 watt panels, 4x300ah deep cycle lead/acid batteries and a 6kva diesel genny. I run all my appliances ( which are all household items) and can weld or run any of my power tools.
Since I started this thread I have replaced all my household Appliances with low wattage Items that can all be run from a 1000w inverter, And most of my powertools are under 1000w too, So now everything that a normal home would have I now have in low wattage versions So everything can be run from the big SoGen,

I must have over 30 appliances that are low wattage plus my tools, Where my average power consumption each day for the last 10 days or so has been between 300 and 400w per 24 hours. which is a real bonus since they more than doubled the cost of power here. And some of the items I bought are totally awesome.

Latest posts